+ 8 : Friendship +

"(Y/n), please pardon my ignorance!" Noelle bowed to the startled girl repeatedly. "I didn't realize I was getting in the way of what you and Childe have! Please forgive me!"

"E-ehh??" (Y/n) turned to Barbara who was watching them. All four female employees of the velvet café were in the locker room changing out of their uniform. "I thought I told you not to talk to Noelle about this! She doesn't need to adjust just because of my problems."

"But I didn't though..." Barbara looked to Xiangling.

"What? It was getting in the way of your work! Besides, it was either this or I would've cooked Childe for real." Xiangling responded.

"I'm extremely sorry!" Noelle bowed once again.

"Please don't be sorry Noelle. I dragged you into such a mess on your first week because I was being je... Je-

Jealous." (Y/n) sighed.

"She admitted it!" Barbara cheered.

"(Y/n)?" The lavender haired girl said with a light tone of voice, then pulled (y/n) into a hug. "Let's have a fresh start. Starting now!"

'Noelle... Is suprisingly sweet.' The girl thought. "Yeah."

"I'm Noelle, and I'd love to be your friend."

"I'd love to be your friend too."

Noelle let (y/n) free from the hug and both girls smiled at each other. Barbara was cheering from the sidelines, and Xiangling was feeling relieved that she no longer would have to listen to (y/n) rant about Childe giving her less attention than usual.

"Such a needy girl she is..." Xiangling mumbled.

"I see the problem here has been solved." QiQi enters the locker room.

"Boss you knew about this?" Barbara asks, her face showing a hint of shock.

"I know everything that happens here." The small manager walks closer to them and tells them to gather closely. "I was also informed by Baizhu that something is going on with the boys, and that it looks like they're planning something." She says in a small voice. "Also, (y/n). A customer reported that the steak served to them was undercooked."

"Eek!" (Y/n)'s eyes widened, then she covered her face with her hands feeling shameful. "It won't happen again boss!"

"Yes. If you keep this up, I will cut your pay."

"Anything but that! I still need more money to afford the ps5! I'm almost struggling to afford my rent..."

"Is (y/n) in a tight spot?" Noelle gasped. "Please let me know if you need help! I'll do anything in my power to help you as a dear friend of mine."

"Aww Noelle, I appreciate your kindness but you don't have to go that far." (Y/n) shifted from feeling embarrassed to sheepish.

"You girls should get going now before it gets dark." QiQi continued, then left the locker room. The rest of the girls then left after that, and right upon exiting the locker room, (y/n) sees Childe and Kaeya standing by the counter, teasing each other.

"Those two seriously share one braincell." She sighs.

"Mmm, (y/n) you should go talk to him!" Noelle tells the girl, then leans closer to her. "He tells me a lot of things about you, you know?" She whispers.

"Really?" A blush formed on (y/n)'s face, and the lavender haired girl gently pushed the other to Childe.

"Cutie!" Childe smiles at her. "You heading back to your apartment now?"

"Yeah."

"Ah..." Childe looks at Kaeya, and Kaeya gives him a thumbs up. "I just noticed recently you've been looking pretty lonely and I- I... No, no my pride can't take it!" He puts his hands on Kaeya's shoulders and begins to shake him violently.

"At least he's honest about it." Barbara said with a condescending look.

"Yeah, at least I'm honest about it. Barbabrat!" Childe said once he stopped shaking the poor eyepatch man.

"What. Did. You. Say?"

"Childe." Kaeya adjusted his eyepatch. "If you will not say it, then I will. And I will not be saying it for you, but I will be saying it with the intent of me taking her home instead."

"No!" Childe was slightly provoked with what Kaeya said, and he took a quick moment to calm himself. "As I was going to say." He clears his throat. "Can I accompany you to returning to your apartment, (y/n)?"

(Y/n) was a bit shocked at his sudden offer, but she agreed. There, Barbara, Kaeya, Noelle were enjoying the little interaction of this blossoming ship. While Xiangling and Zhongli wanted to throw the whole concept of romance away.

+ friendship +