+ 46 : Father's wishes +

Graduation music played as students walked up the platform and to the center of the stage to receive their certificates. Many were anticipating their names to be called, a knot forming in their stomach when their turns grew near.

The stage appeared wider than it really was from their view. Warm lights graced those that stood on the stage, their figures seen and applauded by the rest.

"(L/n), (f/n)." The young lady was called and walked up to the stage with a neutral look on her face. It wasn't the time to smile through graduation, for her and others there was still much more ahead. This only marked the end of highschool.

"Yes! That's my (Y/n)!" Amber cheered with a hand raised and it was enough to break the neutral look on (Y/n)'s face.

She received her certificate and carefully took her steps down the stage and ran into the arms of her college boyfriend.

"You did it." He said warmly, his one hand placed on her head patting it.

"Of course I did! It's because I met you, and found a purpose to continue studying well."

"A-ah." Childe went silent, a bashful look on his face. (Y/n) pulled away from the hug, her (e/c) eyes just staring into his blue ones waiting for him to speak. "You better keep that up in culinary school."

"I will! And you better do well in college."

"No promises there... Ahaha. Anyways we should head home now, I got a surprise for you."

"If you have a surprise then why would you tell me? That destroys the whole purpose! Is it going to be sexy time with you in butler outfit?"

"We'll see."

---

Amber joined the two in heading back to the mansion. Once inside, (Y/n) saw everyone from the Velvet café plus the twins Aether and Lumine, Scaramouche, Dainsleif, Lisa, Xiao, and her parents. They stood gathered by the large table in white cloth where there was a feast. All sorts of food ranging from meat to seafood, salads, and of course, dessert.

"Why are my parents here?!" (Y/n)'s eye twitched at the sight of her dad.

"Is that how you're supposed to react to your parents coming to congratulate you?" Her mom replied. Her tone wasn't angry, but more or less she was amused.

"He's going to ruin the party again!" The lady pointed to her dad. She continued lifting her heels up and hitting them against the floor in frustration. "Anyways, hello everyone else! It's nice you all came to congratulate me. Finishing highschool isn't all that great though compared to college."

"Oh shush, just be proud of yourself!" Barbara stepped forward and Xinyan stood by her.

"Let's get this party started!" They both spoke in unison.

Before (Y/n) could respond, the two girls had got the music started and some were getting food to eat.

"Well? Go and enjoy your party!" Amber gave her back a slight push and she ended up stumbling forward.

"(Y/n)!!! Look at you, all finished with the bothersome highschool life! I can't wait till I finish too, boys at this age are so annoying." Lumine approached her with a tired look on her face. "They don't even know how disgusting they sound talking about girls with that sick look on their faces!"

"That's why I'm telling you Lumine, go kick their balls and make them cry." Aether followed his sister.

"I'll castrate them!" She crossed her arms.

(Y/n) laughed at the banters the twins had. They were always fun to talk to, or even just listening to them talk to each other. "So how have you two been? Other than slandering highschool."

"Hmm, it's been pretty meh recently. Boring." Lumine answered.

"Aah Lumine! The spaghetti is going to be finished before we get any, come on." Aether tugged her arm. "We'll get back to you in a moment (Y/n)."

"Yes and when we do let's plan our wedding (Y/n) my dearest!" The female twin joked as she was being dragged to the food.

(Y/n) stood in the middle of the room awkwardly after that, wondering who to approach. Everyone was already busy talking to someone else.

Her father walked towards her. She didn't want to see him, hear his voice, and conviced herself he wasn't their.

"Congratulations, (Y/n). You finished your last year of highschool with good grades." He spoke to her.

The lady bit her lip, still avoiding her dad. Avoiding eye contact, but she couldn't help to open her mouth a speak against him. "I didn't do it for you or mom."

"That doesn't matter, in the end you still did well."

"And so what if I did well?! When I was doing even better than this you never cared! No one did!" She raised her voice. The music came to a stop, the chattering voices fell dead silent.

"I heard you'll be taking culinary school after this."

"I will."

"And you will start your own business with your boyfriend."

"I will."

She was determined to not let anything get in the way of what she decided for herself. Especially her father.

"Goodluck." He placed his arm on her shoulder and she instinctively flinched, backing away from him. "Until now you've been living independently from us. Your boyfriend has what it takes to protect you, he's a good man. Since the last time I've seen you both, I had decided that you could live your own life and do as you please. I can see you're doing well, finished school and found something you want to do. They're good goals. I trust the both of you."

Her dad looked to Childe and back to his daughter. "What's going to happen next is a bit sad for me as a father. I'll be outside." He left, out the door. A faint look of sadness on his face, (Y/n) watched him leave. she was confused, and her tears she tried holding back broke free and she hadn't even noticed.

Childe walked in front of her and bent down on one knee, taking something out of his pocket.

+ Father's wishes +

Y'all
My heart be doing backflips while writing this pLeASEE

Also yes, the story is reaching it's end. It'll probably be finished by April or May if things go as planned and I don't get busy/have a writers burnout