+ 30 : Carrot soup +

After the misunderstanding that occured at Scaramouche's apartment, the three left to buy snacks at the convenience store a few blocks away.

"Still no response from Childe. I'm surprised." The navy haired male had to take his hat off to fit through the door and enter the convenience store.

"Really? Well I'm not." (Y/n) shot him a bitter look. Zhongli silently listened to the two, whatever he just witnessed earlier left him speechless even though they explained it was for their plan to get Childe back.

Part of him blamed his rich friend for him having to witness such a scene.

"We can get whatever we want right? You're paying, right?" (Y/n) nudged Scaramouche.

"Who said I was going to pay? In fact you owe me one (Y/n)."

"Touché. Fine. I'll pay for myself only."

"All I can afford is a single candy maybe..." Zhongli's hands were shaking when he pulled his wallet out of his pocket.

"Where do you spend all your money on?" Scaramouche facepalmed.

(Y/n) left the two and went to grab her favorite drink from where all the drinks were located. Not long after someone's phone began to ring, playing the song toxic by Britney Spears, the volume of the phone drowning out the elevator music of the convenience store.

All eyes turned to Scaramouche who panicked to end whoever was calling on his ringing phone.

A few girls picking out some snacks a few meters away began giggling, (Y/n) was biting her lip to hold back from laughing and Zhongli was confused, instead he wanted to know who the call was from.

"T-that was a mistake! Childe probably sabotaged my ringtone sometime back!" Scaramouche stuttered before turning back to his phone to check who called. "Oh, speaking of Childe."

Messages immediately began to spam his phone, an angered Childe was viscously typing.

An idiot

[Scaramouche sent an image]
Seen 16:48

Childe: Scaramouche! What the fuck!? WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

[1 missed call]

Childe: Answer the damn phone.

Childe: Fuck.

Childe: I already left! Why are you doing this to her?

Childe: I will fucking kill you. I WILL.

Childe: Fuck you Scaramouche.

Childe: Just wait for me. Just you fucking wait.

If you don't want your precious (Y/n) to get hurt, I recommend you return as soon as possible. Can't wait to see you! : Scaramouche

"He seems awfully mad." Scaramouche showed the conversation to Zhongli and (Y/n).

"If he wouldn't get mad about something like that I would've really took a plane to where he is and turn him into carrot soup." (Y/n) folded her arms.

"Hmm, is that guaranteed to make him come back though?" Zhongli asked.

"Oh pitiful broke Zhongli, don't go an put doubtful ideas into (Y/n). You want Childe to come back don't you?" He pointed at Zhongli's wallet.

"Fair enough."

"You know, I think I'll go get ingredients to make carrot soup for dinner tonight." Zhongli's words were effective in making the girl feel doubtful of Childe coming back. "I'll just go get the stuff and be back." She said with an eerie smile plastered on her face and the other two shivered.

"She's... Definitely something. I don't think Childe is getting away with this scott-free when he returns." Scaramouche whispered to Zhongli.

"(Y/n) only appears to act that way towards Childe. With everyone she always seems to be acting a bit awkward and uptight."

"You seem to notice a lot of things."

"Would you like to hear about my thoughts about you?"

"N-no thanks..." Scaramouche's face warped into a cringing expression and he backed a way from his broke pal. "What others think about me? I doubt it's any good. Fake, two sided, horrible." He was thinking to himself. Then he turned to (Y/n) and Zhongli, taking a good look at them. "But they don't seem hostile towards me."

"Excuse me, sir? You've been standing here for a while now and I need to get something from this isle." A little girl was grabbing Scaramouche's attention, he quickly moved away from her.

"Greetings Diona." Zhongli waves at the cat eared girl who was struggling to reach the chocolate powder she needed.

"Ooh, Zhongli! I came along with Qiqi and another friend to buy stuff for the café."

"That's nice. I came along with (Y/n) and a previous staff member of the café, although he only worked for a very short period of time."

"Klee calm down please..." Qiqi's soft voice could be heard from a distance where there was another small girl running around with blonde hair and pigtails.

"Uh oh." Diona turned to look at her friend running around until she tripped and knocked down a table which had cans of spam stacked ontop of each other in a pyramid formation. "Not again." She barely flinched to the sound of everything falling into a large mess.

+ carrot soup +