+ 26 : Gone +

Three days has passed since the last contact Childe and (Y/n) had. Evidently, this wasn't very healthy for their relationship. Childe hadn't responded at all, nor head to work and it was assumed he quit.

The sound of held back sniffles was all that could be heard in the lonely apartment where (y/n) would spend the late nights crying into her pillow. His unresponsiveness left a bothersome empty hole in her heart, and the unavoidable times where one would overthink in a new relationship made her wonder if this was the end to their romance.

Her last hope was to visit him at his mansion.

"He left me on delivered for days, I'm doing my best to contact him and make things alright and I still have to be the one to go to him?!" She mumbled in between sniffles. "Relationship? Relationshit! Childe is an idiot. Jerk. Like hell I'll go to his place, he probably told Teucer that if I come around he should say 'oh i'm sorry (Y/n), Childe isn't around.' tsk."

She paused for a moment, and resumed to crying. "But still I can't help miss him."

If sobbing wasn't enough, she had a bucket of [favorite flavor] icecream sitting in front of her where she sat on her bed. There was also a few packs of her favorite snacks laying around too, and she couldn't care less if she got a few crumbs here and there.

Her room was going through times of a 'heartbreak redecoration season' where besides becoming a mess with food items everywhere out of irritation she also put the picture frame of her and Childe that she placed on the bedside table face down as well as hid a few other things that reminded her of the idiot that left her on delivered.

(Y/n) soon felt tired of all the wasted tears and spoons of icecream she shoved into her mouth, falling asleep with the empty bucket in her arms.

She dreamt of everyone being happy. But as things are now, it seemed impossible to achieve even for a split second.

---

"Oh no oh no oh no, shit. Fine. I'm beyond late for work but it is what it is." (Y/n)'s groggy feeling quickly left her body as soon as she opened her phone to check the time. 11:00 AM. Still no replies from Childe. "Qiqi is going to lecture me tomorrow for sure." She sighed.

It really was a bad thing that she missed work, especially since everyone probably had an idea why. If the problem at hand would get in the way of her work Baizhu might spare no thought in lowering her salary. The thought made (Y/n) frown but she got up from her bed to make a healthy brunch.

By healthy, she went to make waffles with a bunch of chocolate chips, and an unhealthy amount of whip cream.

After food and rational thinking, she came to the decision to visit Childe and patch this mess up before it gets any worst. She's seen enough relationships fall to lack of communication.

The mansion was as good as abandoned. No one answered the numerous times (Y/n) rang the bell. Not even Teucer. The girl bit her lip and took a few steps back from the gate. She couldn't just waltz inside, not into the mansion of a rich person.

"It's bothersome having to run into you here." A familiar navy haired male spoke, his large hat tipped down and hid his face. Seeming more enigmatic than usual. He stood with his back leaning against the wall beside the mansion's gate.

"Scaramouche." (Y/n) clutched her hands into fists. "Who do you think you are? You're the whole reason this happened!"

"I was only stating the truth."

"You were being an asshole! That's the truth!"

Scaramouche shrugged. He looked intently at the presumed empty mansion. "They left."

"What do you mean they left? To where?"

"Probably to some other country, wherever Childe's parents are currently working."

"Impossible. Childe wouldn't just leave like that. I don't know what you're after but I'm not going to let you use me to get petty revenge on Childe." She glared with her piercing [e/c] eyes.

"Who said it was revenge I was after?" Scaramouche spoke with a higher pitched menacing voice. "It's hilarious you all think I'm the bad guy here. Anyways, forget about him if you don't want to be left with greater scars. See ya." He left with his back turned, not even sparing (Y/n) a glance.

"It's only been three days. It's impossible for him and Teucer to have left..." Her hands started to tremble, her vulnerability being exposed once Scaramouche was too far away to be seen. "I'll just wait here for a while..."

And even though she waited until the moon was at it's brightest, no one was home.

+ Gone+