+ 13 : Mall date +

Childe's plan to go on a date with (y/n) on Christmas has been cancelled due to the party. In stead of that he decided they go on a date earlier.

Under the somniferous evening sky, (Y/n) stood waiting for her boyfriend outside of her apartment's building. She dressed more nicely than usual and made an effort to make sure her hair wasn't warping into a vile separate creature on her head.

It didn't take long before a silver Mercedes-Benz drove down and came to a stop in front of the waiting girl. The window rolled down and Childe greeted her with a wink. "Morning, sweetheart."

"Morning Childe." She responded unenthusiastically while he exited the car to open the door to the front passenger seat.

"You should really call me something other than Childe. Maybe hot stuff, or babe-"

"Heck nah." (Y/n) turned her head in refusal, then entered the car. She thought for a brief moment about thinking up a nickname for him, but it's just she found things like 'babe' so weird to say. And why would she even want to call him 'hot stuff.'

Gently closing the door on her side, Childe returns to to the drivers seat. "You excited for our first date?"

"I guess so." The girl responded reluctantly. Using the word date made her uneasy since the last time she went on one was with her otome game boyfriends. In a real world date, there are just so much factors to consider. The actual effort she has to put in and all. Did Childe find her outfit nice?

Certainly she liked his. A t-shirt underneath his unzipped black jacket and a pair of dark ripped jeans. "You look... Cool." (Y/n) commented.

A silly smile immediately crept up Childe's face. It made his heart flutter when she'd compliment him suddenly like that. "And you look stunning (y/n)." He replied. While his left hand rested on the wheel, he reached his right hand out and held the left hand of (y/n) which rested on her lap. He interwined their fingers and the girl looked at him a little bit surprised.

   ---

The mall was filled with people. Those which were also preparing for the day of giving. Buying gifts and Christmas decorations.

"Shall we get something to eat?" Childe asks.

"Sure."

The two stroll around the mall for a while, to look for a place that wasn't filled to the point you had to wait to get a table. The sound of public chatter and tapping of shoes against the floor was deafening. Childe's eyes were narrowed as if he was irritated. And (y/n) assumed it was because of the noise, until she realized he had his gaze focused on a single man in the distance. His pace slowed down until they came to a stop.

A tall redhead stood by the entrance of a restaurant with significantly less people, reading the menu that was displayed. "Is something wrong?" (Y/n) asked Childe.

"That man." He mumbled. The redhead was certainly stylish, strands of his fiery hair fell to the sides of his face gracefully. The rest was pulled back in a low ponytail. Was he a relative to Childe? Someone he knew? But the female had to admit he was a staggering sight.

"What about him?"

The glaring male finally looked away from the redhead. "Nothing."

"Hmm, alright. Should we eat at that place? There doesn't seem to be much people."

Childe opened his mouth, wanting to decline. But it was (y/n)'s idea after all. He nodded his head in approval and the two entered the restaurant a few moments after the redhead did.

The atmosphere of the restaurant was tranquilizing. The couple was led to a table with two seats facing each other.

Seats were cushioned and the table had velvet cloth. It came to (y/n)'s senses that the restaurant of her choice may have been costly. As much as it probably wasn't a problem for Childe, she didn't want it to seem like she is exploiting him.

"It seems this place offers mostly seafood." The girl commented after scanning the menu handed to them by a waitress. "Childe?"

Her sweetheart was not at all listening and once again had his eyes narrowed at the redhead alone at a table to his far left.

"Why do you keep staring at that man?!" (Y/n) scowled and put the menu down.

"He is very... Well proportioned, don't you think?"

"Well I guess? Just hurry up an order, we aren't here to stare at good looking strangers right?"

Childe's mouth opened into a huge frown and (Y/n) heaved a sigh. "You're the one who said he looks well proportioned first. Don't give me that look as if I have done you wrong!"

The male continued to act sulkingly while looking through what he wanted to order from the menu. (Y/n) let out a low groan knowing that if she didn't say anything flattering about him, he'd continue with sulking. "Look, you're well proportioned too you know?"

"You say that after 'haha' reacting to Kaeya talking about my ass the other day."

"Oh come on now! You might not have an ass but you still look amazing."

"Is that supposed to comfort me?" He scowled. "Ah well. I may not have an ass but I got something else packing." He smirked.

"Something else packing?" (Y/n) paused to figure out what he meant by that. "I don't get it."

"You will soon sweetheart." He smiled sweetly. "Have you decided on what you want to eat yet?"

"Ehe, lobster." The girl's lips curled into a sinister smile.

+ mall date +

I finna share wid you a half assed sketch I did of Childe in a maid costume aAaAaa
I'm so sorri for butchering him KSHDHS I haven't drawin in a while so I'm rusty-

(Kukuneho is my art insta so ye guys can go check it out if yw)

Also haH I managed to pull another spEed update 👁️👁️

I'll prolly be able to update more frequently now too (or not) cuz Christmas break