+ 43 : Coffee break +

The same weekend (Y/n) woke up with back pains after a rough night, she got a message from Scaramouche, asking if they could get grab a coffee together.

Because Childe fell back asleep, the girl left a note behind informing him she'd head out. Then she left to go see her old navy haired 'friend.'

"Scaramouche... You grew a bit." She noticed how he towered over her by a tiny bit. Long before she had arrived, he was standing by the entrance of the coffee shop awkwardly. The waiters wondered why he wouldn't take a seat but didn't approach him due to the unpleasant look on his face. Which also faded away into a smile when he saw (y/n).

"Is it enough for me to steal you away from Childe now? I'd be serious about my feelings for you this time." Scaramouche took his hat off and dramatically combed his hand through his hair. It wasn't flattering to do so when he had a bowl cut.

"Uh huh. Yeah lets go sit down it's even more embarassing when we're standing here like idiots." (Y/n) walked away from him and took her seat by a vacant table.

"That was just a joke. How's your relationship with Childe going?"

"It's alright. We're both pretty busy with our studies though. Childe got into college and I'm finishing up highschool. What have you been up to?"

"Nothing much. Just job hopping because I keep getting fired. Not my fault the clients or people are always dumb."

"Of course you're going to get fired if you're like that." (Y/n) facepalmed. As a waiter passed by, the girl called them to order a coffee.

"My co workers keep on complaining about me as well. For the way I work and because of my general behavior. Disgusting. Oh and I'd like a coffee too."

"You'll have to be nicer to people if you don't want to keep changing jobs. And even if you do your record will just become pretty questionable. On the other hand you could always be like Zhongli and ask Childe for money."

"Ask me for what?" The figure of the male just mentioned stood before them looking ticked.

"Childe?! When did you get here?" (Y/n) was visibly surprised.

"I left as soon as I woke up and found my wife went to see this grumpy faced big hat man. Of course I had to come here as quick as possible." Childe grabbed a chair and sat with the two. "Scaramouche. Good to see you again." He smiled with squinting eyes.

"Don't tell me you're still worrying I might do something to your girlfriend. I just wanted to catch up with her." Scaramouche sighed, and crossed his arms.

"And why would you want to bother catching up with her? That's not like you."

"Is it such a sin to want to spend time with friends?"

"If you two keep this up it'll be you guys spending time with each other." (Y/n) glared at the quarreling two.

Childe silenced himself and began sulking. The coffee soon arrived, Scaramouche drank his black while the girl added an adequate amount of sugar and creamer. "You aren't going to order anything?" She asks her boyfriend.

"No. Unless you say something like Oh Childe my future husband you should order coffee too because your stomach will get cold if you don't! You're worrying me my sweet beloved!"

"Ew no I'm never saying anything like that."

"Ok then how about... Childe you fucking dumbass why would you follow me here and not order coffee. I'll step on you."

"Sounds more like it but I still wouldn't say that. Not in public."

"Would you step on me though?"

"Ehem. I'm still here." Scaramouche sets his cup down looking irritated. "If you wouldn't mind, I could do the honors of stepping on you. So how would you like your balls to be squashed? Mashed potato?"

"Why do you want to squash my balls?!"

"You're already a dick. You don't need two of them."

"Oh sick burn." (Y/n) took a sip of her coffee.

"You're talking about yourself Scaramouche. Whose the idiot that keeps getting fired because of his behavior and work ethic?"

"There is nothing wrong with my worth ethic! It is the people!" The male with the hat clenched his fist. "My work has nothing to do with this Childe."

"Looks like I hit the bullseye."

"Come on Scaramouche, don't let him get to you. Keep roasting the carrot soup!" While sipping her coffee, (Y/n) was cheering for Scaramouche in a low voice, though it still could easily be heard by Childe and she knew that.

"Noo, not you too! (Y/n) you're supposed to be on my side, I'm your boyfriend." Childe whimpered.

"I just thought it'd be hot to see you cry out in pain while Scaramouche squashes your pp. Scaramouche strips you naked, ties you up and whips you but instead of feeling pain you feel pleasure-"

"(Y/n)..." Scaramouche silenced the girl. "This is me and your boyfriend you're talking about."

Childe blankly looked at his girlfriend, then towards Scaramouche, a small blush adorning his face. "Scara..."

"No no fuck no. Finish my fucking coffee good day." The navy haired boy got up and left the coffee shop.

+ coffee break +