+ 37 : Never gonna give you up +

so sorry for editing u like that Childe my love BAHDHAHAHAH

---

"Ah we finally arrived!" The door bursted open and the twins Lumine and Aether arrived. Back when (Y/n) still lived in this loathesome house, those two were her neighbors and often came over every now and then.

"I smell pizza." Lumine rushed to the table.

"There's only a single slice left!" Aether gasps and the two look at each other. For a moment everyone worried that they were going to quarrel, but then they happily decided to cut the one piece in half and they both had an extra small slice in the end.

"Hey Lumine, Aether. It's been a while." (Y/n) greeted the two.

"Yeah yeah where have you been? We haven't seen you in ages!" The female twin asked.

"Ahaha... I started living on my own and got a job at the café, these are all the friends I made there! Barbara, Noelle, Venti, Zhongli and Childe."

"Me? Just friend?" Childe put his arm around (y/n). "Nice to meet you, I'm Childe. Her boyfriend."

"(Y/n) got a boyfriend?!" Aether scowled and Lumine was snickering.

"Well what would you expect? (Y/n) is a catch. Awh I'm jealous."

"L-lumine!" (Y/n) shy'd away from Childe and everyone else. "You're a catch too you know."

"My love rival is a girl again." Childe looked dumbfounded.

Everyone laughed for a brief moment until (Y/n)'s dad cleared his throat. It was evident he had something to say and it had everyone anticipating what was about to happen. Except for the daughter herself who knew it wasn't going to be good news.

"(Y/n) will not be dating anyone. She will not be working at a café and she will finish her education. I've given you enough time to clear your head and think rationally but it looks like you've gotten stupid." His words were harsh and he was visibly angry.

"Honey that's not what you should be saying to your daughter on her birthday!" (Y/n)'s mom rushed to reprimand her spouse.

"I don't give a damn! Do you think she'll have a future just working a café?!"

"S-shut up!" (Y/n)'s clenched her fists. Her voice trembled, it was the first time she spoke up and said such a thing against her dad. "You shouldn't be the one to decide my future! In the first place I only stopped giving a fuck about school because you never gave a fuck to begin with! It's your fault! You're a horrible father I couldn't care less about what you think my future will be!

I won't break up with my boyfriend just because you said so! I won't stop working at the café just because you said so! Whatever I decide in my life will be my choice because I live by my own money and I'm 18 now!" She sobbed as she spoke, all the pent up anger flowing out. Too much to bare and too much for words to explain.

"Uh oh, Childe looks really upset." Zhongli mumbled. As the quarrel between father and daughter went on, Childe looked like he was losing his senses.

"(Y/n), that's enough now." He kissed the back of his girlfriend's hand before he got up and looked at (Y/n)'s father dead in the eye.

"Well look at this turd. You expect a perfect kid but if you had one you wouldn't even show how proud you are. Even Zhongli's savings have more sense than you! And you know his savings, yeah? They're non-existent." He gripped onto the collar of the older man's shirt. No one bothered to try to stop the angered Childe.

Zhongli had planned to keep Childe from murdering the man, but he was too busy processing what Childe meant when he was talking about savings.

"I'll marry your daughter, and we'll go travelling around the world in my private jet, she'll have a future greater than you could have ever imagined.

You may be her father, but no man or problem is going to separate her and I. I've made that decision." Childe freed the man, pushing him aside and left the house to cool his head.

"Woah that was like a drama scene and I'm so jealous!" Lumine whispered to her brother.

"I think we should get going." Venti stood up awkwardly. Noelle, Barbara and Zhongli followed.

"Ah yes, my deepest apologies for making you all have to witness this." (Y/n)'s mom felt saddened the party she had planned had been shattered.

In no more than a minute, the only two left in the house were the dismayed spouses. (Y/n) ran outside to go to her boyfriend. She pulled him into a hug, her face resting on his chest. "You fought for me..."

"How could I stay silent listening to him speak to you like that."

"Thanks."

"Anything for the girl I love." Childe ran his hand through (Y/n)'s hair.

"Can we go to your place?"

"Oh, birthday se-"

"Shut!" (Y/n) shoved her hand at Childe's face and he laughed. For the rest of her birthday, she was going to spend it with her boyfriend.

+ never gonna give you up +