Afterstory [8] Warden's Presence

So sorry for taking ages, again, for this update lmao.

---

The group returned to the hotel in silence, devastated to see Zhongli's more pitiful than usual state; and Baizhu.

Beidou although tempted to ask, was stopped by Ningguang for the reason being that they are to meet the prison's warden, Kujou Sara, the next day.

That day being now.

Everyone was gathered in a special meeting room inside the grande hotel, waiting for their well awaited guest. An anxious Barbara scratching at her arms due to the stress of the matter then mentally scolding herself for doing so, Beidou being on edge and ready to protect the others.

(Y/n) despite being nervous too was worrying more for Noelle having to watch over (k/n).

"Miss Kujou Sara has arrived." Ganyu enters with another lady behind her. The warden takes a quick glance at each individual present.

"We are honored to have you here today." Beidou greets.

Sara exhales, jaded from all the prison related issues she has to deal with all the time. This being the first of the day for her. "I don't have all the time in the world so I hope you don't mind if I be direct here."

"Some goes with us." Ningguang replies.

"I've already been made aware you're here to retrieve inmates Zhongli and Baizhu, and the little one Qiqi. Claiming ownership over the snake henceforth makes Baizhu responsible for the snake having bit our leader, Baal. Usually we would have handed an instant death penalty but lady Ningguang is a big figure so I've managed to delay the penalty.

However there is only so much I can do with my status as warden. But as a friend of our leader I can grant you the opportunity to meet with her in person, I believe you can find the little one with her too."

"Qiqi is with the scary leader?! Wait did she just say friend of their leader? They aren't girlfriends?" Battling with the conflicting thoughts in her head, Barbara fails to keep up with the conversation.

"She seems easy to talk to, maybe this mess won't be as bad as I thought." (Y/n) was reassured.

"Despite all the alone time we've had since leaving (k/n) with Noelle, (y/n) keeps rejecting my advances in bed. Could she be tired of me?  Does she not find me hot anymore? I should work out more often." Childe's thoughts were completely elsewhere.

Xiangling was thinking if she could convince the warden or the leader to let Baizhu, Zhongli, and Qiqi go if she cooked them a good meal and Xinyan was being attentive to the conversation and current surroundings.

"To meet the great leader herself hmm? Sounds fair enough to me. And when will this be? Later on? Tomorrow? I only have two days max or I will have to resort to other methods." Ningguang answers.

It was a clear threat to the warden that she must move quickly, but she continues to reply in a calm manner.

"I will arrange for you to meet with Baal at her palace tomorrow."

"How do we know this isn't a trap—?"

Beidou is stopped by Ningguang's hand signaling for silence.

"Alright. Please inform Ganyu of the details when you can."

Kujou Sara takes her leave, and a long sigh comes from everyone but Ningguang.

"I suggest you all take this day to relax and look around. Despite the unyielding ways of Baal the city is quite serene." Ganyu comments.

"Great idea! Xiangling, do you want to go try their cuisine here? It might get us new ideas for recipes!" Xinyan asks.

"Ooh that's a great idea!"

The two rush out the room by themselves. Beidou turns to Ningguang, and then Barbara. "You two are coming with me!"

Left in the room being Childe and (Y/n).

"So everyone goes their separate ways even here huh." (Y/n) sighs.

"Sooo, let's go on a date?"

"Yeah sure whatever."

"You could try sounding a little more enthusiastic about it. So is there anything you have in mind?" Childe asks.

"Nothing really when we're exploring a whole new place."

"You can apply that idea to se—"

"Ha ha ha very funny Tartaglihoe." She shoves her palm against his mouth. "Let's just get going."

After leaving the hotel, not knowing where they are going or where to go, their date being just to of them quickly comes to an end after they run into Xiangling and Xinyan with bags of different food, and the other three which were sightseeing.