+ 32 : Old man Zhongli +

It was almost like things had went back to before the huge mess happened. Childe returned to his mansion although Teucer stayed behind with his family, and was welcomed back to his job at the velvet café.

But that didn't stop Qiqi from finding a new employee.

"I'm Venti! And I'm a bard. The most popular bard in this city, in fact."

"Hmm, never heard of it." Xiangling didn't seem too enthusiastic about the newcomer.

"A bard? What, are you trying to mock shakespeare?" Barbara sounded displeased.

The rest felt neutral, or at the least happy to have the new employee.

"Venti will be our new barista, working alongside Diona. Diona, I'll leave him to you." Qiqi was brief to explain Venti's position at the café, wanting to leave already and get some cocomilk.

After the introduction, all staff promptly went over to their stations. Though they'd usually be happy over a new employee to join them in their on-the-job-crackheadery, Childe's presence made it feel very awkward for everyone.

"I never knew little girls could work at cafés." Venti commented on Diona as he took a look around his new work station.

"You don't look much older yourself, self proclaimed bard!" Diona snapped in response. "Your work better not slow me down or I'll make you just work as a waiter!... Venti?"

Before she finished speaking, the boy that held a soft, almost feminine appeal pulled out a lyre he kept in a rather large bag and gently strummed on it's strings. "Even if the barista duties are not for me, the entertainment is." He said with his eyes closed, feeling the string press against his fingertips.

"Hmm, some entertainment for the customers wouldn't be such a bad idea." The blonde spoke in regards to how the café just seemed to have less customers with each passing day. It even worried her that maybe (y/n)'s cooking was that bad.

"New kids! I'm Childe!" Childe approached Diona and Venti. The girl with cat ears looked at him as if she was thinking, the latter continued strumming his lyre.

"Oh!" Diona's expression lit up. "You must be old man Zhongli's boyfriend."

"Old man Zhongli? Boyfriend?!" Childe was taken aback.

"I'm not wrong am I? I heard you give him lots of support financially... Hmm, I think the term was sugar daddy. Something aunt Lisa mentioned."

"Diona that's a misunderstanding." Zhongli responded nonchalantly. "Also we got one order of a large strawberry frappe."

Childe without a word to say turned to look at Zhongli. Flustered, confused, embarrassed. More importantly ' Lisa? The last Lisa I remember is the creepy librarian woman. '

"Yeah yeah, I heard you old man Zhongli." The small girl turned away to make the drink.

"Psst, dude why's she calling you an old man?" Childe asked his broke pal with a hused tone.

"I'm not sure..."

"Is that even a question? Do us youthful people send multiple voicemails of us just breathing into our mics!" Barbara felt irritated just listening to them.

"No need to get fussy Barbara. If it was me who sent voicemails of myself breathing into my mic you'd be asking for more." Noelle joined in. Her tone was pure and happy.

"N-noelle I'm not that creepy!"

"I heard a lot going on here, and some really beautiful music!" (Y/n) peeked outside of the kitchen to look at everyone. Even the customers were enjoying Venti's melody. It had a very calming sound as opposed to the crackhead employees. "I didn't know Venti could play such beautiful music." She skipped over to the group.

"Oh, (y/n)! Did Xiangling kick you out of the kitchen again?" Noelle asked a shameful question in a cheery manner.

"Ahaha... Qiqi should get another chef that isn't me, honestly." She averted her gaze from all of them.

"(Y/n), babe it's fine. If your career falls short because of being unable to cook you can always just marry me and be set for life." Childe winked.

"Should I be offended?!" (Y/n) took a step closer to him with the intent of threatening the soon-to-be-carrot-soup, instead she tripped on nothing somehow, and fell onto her boyfriend's chest.

Him being unable to keep his stance, fell onto Zhongli and the three ended up on the floor. (Y/n) who ended up landing on the floor just by Childe's feet opened her eyes to see Zhongli shrieking on the floor with the orange haired males lips against his.

"So her love rival was Zhongli all along." Barbara said with a sob. Everyone else in the area audibly gasped, and a few customers even took photos.

"Old man Zhongli? Old man Zhongli!" Diona was very confused. "Is... Is this the price of being someone's sugar baby?"

+ old man Zhongli +

A aaa hi I pushed myself into updating today aaa (no need to worry or anything, the longer I go w/o updating the more I tend to bother myself with it pfftt)

Anywhomst I missed doing these crackhead chapters hhh

Heres our mans ventispear