+ 9 : Hands +

"Is your apartment far from the café?" Childe asked (y/n) while they stood waiting for the bus.

"Not really... Just about half an hour I guess." The female felt really awkward just standing out there with him. As if she should bring up a more intriguing topic rather than just small talk. Unfortunately for her, her mind was as blank as her test papers.

She swayed her hand with the wind while thinking about how she couldn't think of something good to talk about, and without noticing the close proximity she and Childe hand standing beside her, her hand brushed against his.

(Y/n) quickly pulled her hand away and Childe looked at her with an initial look of shock, then a cheeky grin. "If you want to hold my hand, you could just tell me."

"No! That was an accident." The girl stammered.

"Oh? Your face looks all flustered though."

"Is not!" (Y/n) turned her body away from the orange haired male to hide her face. For a moment she questioned why where our blood rushes in certain situations is out of our control. 'curses human anatomy!'

The bus finally arrived at that moment, and because the flustered girl was facing away and zoning out, she hadn't noticed the bus. Acting as if it was nothing to him, Childe took her hand and gently tugged on it. "The bus is here."

"Ah." (Y/n) followed him to enter the bus with his hand still being held by his. Every romance film, show, or the otome games she played had made her think in such a cliché moment where he'd be holding her hand, she'd be gushing over it's warmth. Well expectations be damned, his hands were freezing.

The two sat in the vacant seats somewhere along the middle row, where Childe finally let go of her hand. "Why... Are your hands so cold?" She asked, unable to hide her disappointment.

"I just feel chilly."

"But it's not even cold outside?"

"It's cold inside the café." He pouted. "If you let me hold your hands for a while though, maybe mine would warm up."

"Psh, flirt." (Y/n) rolled her eyes. The bus had already started moving, and Childe was just staring at the girl. "What?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

"Your hands."

"No." As much as it was tempting for her, she didn't want to come off as 'easy.'

"You dislike me that much?" Childe looked dejected, and (y/n) felt a small pain of guilt.

"Not at all! It's just uhm... Holding hands- isn't that like, something only couples would do? Or like parent and child?"

"Mmm, then let's think of it like parent and child! I'm the dad and you're my daughter."

"Well isn't that ironic, Childe." The girl scoffs. "And why parent and child?!"

"So you'd prefer it like couples?"

(Y/n) averts her gaze realizing the context of what she just said. "Haha what sorry I misheard what you were saying whew anyways we're almost here!"

"It hasn't even been five minutes."

"Yeah... Suddenly my house moved to this ermm street! Ya know? Weird things happen in a weird world."

"Fine fine, you don't want to let me hold your hands, I get it."

Had Childe been purposely making (y/n) feel bad, or he was genuinely hurt, she didn't know. But if the former was true, he very much succeeded. And if it was the latter, she knew she had to make up for it because she hated being the jerk. "I guess I wouldn't mind, for five minutes."

"Really?" His mood changed instantly. He took (y/n)'s hand that was rested on her lap and held onto it firmly. His hand wasn't as cold as it was earlier, and began to warm up to just about the same level as (y/n)'s. "Are you sure we can't stay like this for longer than five minutes?" Childe asks.

"Ehh." With the way it was now, the feeling of Childe's hand holding hers was somewhat comforting. Maybe because she harbored feelings for him although being in denial, or maybe because she's just extremely touch deprived. Perhaps both. "Fine, until we reach our stop then."

"Aww, cutie is blushing again."

"Tease me like that and I'll never let you hold my hands again."

+ hands +