+ 15 : Before the party +

(Y/n) stood in front of the tall gates guarding the breathtaking manor before her. The distance from the gates to the residency itself was quite far.

Childe was rich. Like rich rich. Her mouth was left open in a silent prolonged gasp.

It was mid-day, the party being planned to start at five. But Childe invited her to come earlier.

Prior to where she currently stood with her mouth gaping, she spent the morning baking cookies so that when she'd share them with Childe today they'd be fresh.

And she made sure no egg shells fell in.

"There's my favorite cutie! How long are you going to stand there for?" A flirty orange haired male pushes open the gates and enthusiastically comes up to (y/n) for a hug. "I haven't seen you since a couple days ago when we watched the fireworks together."

"It wasn't that long." (Y/n) forced an apathetic tone. But her body spoke otherwise as she wasn't reluctant to hug back.

Instead of pulling away from the hug, Childe's arms fall from her waist to just below her bottom, carefully picking her up. She cared more for her cookies which she meticulously packed into the bag that flung around from her shoulder to hip. And payed extra caution it wouldn't get crushed with the way she was being carried.

"Is it really necessary you carry me like this, Childe?"

"Of course it is."

---

From the gate, until inside the rich boy's mansion Childe carried (Y/n). Sure there didn't seem to be anyone watching but she still felt embarrassment nonetheless.

Pondering on that,"You're parents aren't around, Childe?"

The male never spoke much about his own life, other than his younger brother Teucer which Childe seemed to dote on frequently.

"They've been out on a business trip."

"And Teucer?" She had hoped her inquiries weren't bothersome.

"Brother!" A young boy with features similar to a certain orange haired individual entered the lounge where Childe had just set his girlfriend down on the sofa. "And you must be the pretty lady my brother keeps talking about! You're (y/n) right?"

"Pretty lady?" (Y/n) looked at Childe and snickered. "I guess so. Your brother talks about you a lot too Teucer."

A moment of silence occured while Teucer was smiling contentedly. (Y/n) took the moment to take the cookies out of her bag and offered it to the two.

"For us?" The child beamed.

"Yeah! Homemade chocolate chip cookies."

"With love?"

"With extra love." The purity Teucer's voice held melted the already soft heart of (y/n). She took the cookies out of its packaging and Childe's younger brother spared no moment to gobble them up.

---

Teucer left the two and returned to his previous business, leaving the couple alone in the lounge.

"The cookies were really good (y/n). I'm suprised you got no eggshells in them this time." Childe smiled wickedly.

"Stop teasing me about that will you? Maybe next time I'll leave a lot of eggshells in them for you on purpose."

"Can I tease you about something else then?"

"How bout not tease me at all."

"That's impossible." He gazed into (y/n)'s eyes longingly, lifting a hand to his lover's face and pressing his thumb against her lips.

The last kiss they shared only left him aching for more. As much as he didn't want to rush their relationship, being able to have her so closely made it difficult not to. And (y/n) would be bluffing if she'd say she didn't feel the same way.

But alas, crippling despair filled the bones of the two as the moment was ruined by the sound of the bell ringing.

Childe sighed and left a quick peck on his girlfriend's cheek. "You can wait here, I'll go open the gate for them." He said before leaving the lounge.

(Y/n) stood up from the comfort of the grey sofa that matched the room of white walls. She walked over to the large windows and peered outside to see who arrived.

Baizhu and Qiqi. As well as Kaeya with the same striking redhead (Y/n) and Childe saw at the restaurant.

Her eyes followed Childe as he made his way to the gate. He was visibly shocked, stopping in his tracks and pointing at Kaeya like a Karen explaining how they have the right to scream at other customers in the café. Fortunately, such was only occasional.

The girl attempted to read their lips.

"Who is this good looking stranger you dare bring into my manor!" She assumes the words of Childe, even copying his actions.

"How dare you call me a stranger!" Was her assumption on what Kaeya was saying.

"Can we just head in already and deal with this inside?" Baizhu.

The group that stood by the gate proceeded to the mansion, (y/n) applauded herself for getting hopefully the main point of what Baizhu was saying.

Before even entering the lounge, the female was able to overhear their voices.

"Please do not misunderstand, he and I are siblings." An unfamiliar voice spoke.

"And obviously I'm the better looking one." Kaeya said proudly. The door swang open, first entered Baizhu and Qiqi, then the remaining three. "(Y/n)! Glad to see you're already here." The male with an eyepatch greeted.

"Hello to you too Kaeya! And boss, Baizhu, and... Other person. May I know your name so that I can address you properly?"

"It's Diluc."

Childe's eyes narrowed. "Ehem." He cleared his throat, and gathered everyone's attention. "Oh it's nothing, I was just clearing my throat."

"Huh." Baizhu was skeptical of the male's weird behavior.

"This Diluc is your brother, Kaeya?" Qiqi asks. "He should work at the café too. Qiqi thinks it'll draw in more customers."

Kaeya chuckles. "But you already have me around!"

"I agree with Qiqi." The green haired male replies.

"Reject." Childe snorts.

"I would have to decline." Diluc responded nonchalantly without stating his reasons. The door bell once again rang before anyone could ask him why, the three cheerful ladies were standing out the gate with the holiday spirit everyone wished to have.

+ Before the party +