Chapter One

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. It was 7am on a Saturday morning. I had to go help teach at a dance class. It was one of my two jobs that I had. I needed two to help pay rent with my dad. He works as a mechanic. We didn't have much money. We lived in a small, run down apartment in Reseda. It wasn't much, but it was all we could afford.

I quickly slipped on my grey leotard, brown wrap skirt, and pink tights. The leotard left little to the imagination, with its spaghetti straps and wide open back, but it was all I owned. Then I put my hair into its usual bun and went to make sure my dad was awake. He was not.

"Dad!" I yelled as I jumped on the bed to wake him up.

"What?" He groaned.

"Come on! We can't be late again, at this point we're both on the verge of getting fired"

"Shit!" He panicked as he hoped out of bed, slightly stumbling due to the clutter in his room, mostly beer bottles.

I rolled my eyes at his unpreparedness and walked to the kitchen, sitting at the table waiting for him. I took notice to one of the only pictures on our fridge. It was my brother Robby from when he was 9, by now he's 17 like me. He was a little older than me though, but only by a few months. Robby didn't live with us. After our parents divorced, he decided to stay with our mom, I would have gone with him, but I couldn't just leave my dad. While he was a shitty person at times, on the inside he was just dying for someone to love him. From what he's told me, he didn't have the best life growing up. From the whole LaRusso and karate issue, I couldn't blame him, I wasn't too fond of the LaRusso's either, mostly just Sam LaRusso. She likes to spread rumors about me, saying that I'm bad news and that I'm just like my dad. I was nothing like him, other than inheriting his badass karate skills and incredible music taste, I was nothing like him. I did enjoy living with my dad though. He was fun most of the time, when he wasn't drinking.

My dad ran into the kitchen and quickly cooked up some pork rolls, as usual.

"Did you eat?" He asked.

"Yeah, don't worry. Just eat so we can get on the road" I lied. I hadn't eaten, but I didn't want to lose anymore time. Besides, it wouldn't hurt for me to skip one meal. I was pretty insecure and would often resort to starving myself. My best friend Moon always told me not do that to myself because I was beautiful just the way I am, but I never listened. My dad never even took notice to me not eating, I guess he was just too busy with his own problems.

My dad finished eating and we bolted out the door. I was too focused on getting to the car that I hadn't even noticed the boy I ran into, causing me to fall over.

"Shit! Oh my god, I'm really sorry" he said as he helped me.

"No, no, no I'm sorry. I wasn't looking" I said as our eyes finally made contact.

"Uh- I'm Miguel, I just moved in next door" he offered his hand out to me.

"I'm Blair" I said with a smile as I shook his hand.

I suddenly heard my dad yell from the car.

"Jesus christ! Come on Blair, you can make out with him when we get back"

My cheeks heated up at his words and so did Miguel's.

"Sorry, I got to go. I'll see you around"

"Bye Blair"

I ran into the car as my dad started to pull out of the driveway. I sighed in relief as I buckled myself in.

"That your new boyfriend?" My dad asked as he started to blast "You Give Love A Bad Name" by Bon Jovi.