Chapter Seven

Robby sat at the opposite end of the couch, while Mr. LaRusso sat across from us. I felt like I was in couples therapy. Robby hadn't even bothered to look at me.

"Look, this is all very new to us and in order to get through it, we need to be honest with each other" Daniel said. "Robby and I sorted out our issues, now it time for you two to do the same" he added.

Robby just laughed.

Neither of us said a thing. Mr. LaRusso was starting to realize the challenge ahead of him.

"You know what, screw it. Follow me" he said as he started to walk outside. We both became curious and followed after him. His stood in front of the pool and just stared at us.

"Come on" he said as he pulled us closer to the edge.

"What are we doing out here?" Robby asked.

"I used this method whenever Sam and Anthony didn't get along. The rules are simple, I will ask each of you a question and if you refuse to answer, then you get pushed in the pool."

"Mr. LaRusso, I don't think this is a good idea, the water is freezing" I say. It was true, I couldn't believe he was expecting us to go in the pool in the middle of Fall.

"It's the best way to stay honest with each other."

Robby and I locked eyes with each other and gave in. We stood facing each other as Mr. LaRusso started asking us questions.

"Robby, how do you feel about Blair finding you?"

"I think I was better off beforehand" he replied.

His words felt like a knife to the chest.

"Blair, how do you feel about that?"

"I feel like I don't know why he's made at me"

"Robby?"

He sighed and looked back between the pool and Mr. LaRusso, contemplating wether he should answer or be pushed into the pool.

"You left me when I needed you. I wanted you to come with me so badly, but you chose dad over me!"

"We both know he would have killed himself if someone didn't stay behind. Believe me, I wanted to be with you more than anything, but I didn't have a choice!

He didn't have a response and just stared at me. Eventually he smiled.

I started to tear up at the fact that I was getting closer to getting my brother back. He opens up his arms to welcome me into a hug. I quickly wrapped my arms around him and let out a small laugh of relief. I had gotten my brother back, at least that's what I thought until he pushed me into the pool. It was freezing. As soon as my head reached the surface, I heard Mr. LaRusso yell at Robby.

"Robby!"

As I kept my head above water, Robby finally spoke up.

"You always have a choice" he said angrily as he walked back into the house.

Mr. LaRusso and I were at a loss for words. He rushed to help me out of the pool.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry, Blair. This wasn't supposed to happen"

"It's o-ok" I said, shivering.

"Here, let me go get you a towel-"

Before he could finish, Eli came running around the corner.

"Holy shit, are you ok?" Eli asked as he heals me in his arms.

"I'm f-fine"

I grabbed my phone off of the table to check the time. It was almost 5, the dojo would be opening soon.