Chapter Two

I rushed into the car and my dad quickly started to drive. I felt like such an idiot for forgetting about my other job. I had been so invested talking to Eli.

"How was work?" I ask to easy the tension.

"We'll talk about it later" he huffed.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He seemed frustrated, more than usual, this started to worry me.

"Dad?" I added.

"I got fired" he admitted.

"What?!"

"It wasn't my fault, the bitch was giving me a hard time. I just said to stop her bitchn' "

"Dad!"

"I never called her a bitch!"

I sunk into my seat, realizing things were gonna be tight from now on.

"Don't worry, I'll figure something out kid" he reassured me.

I spent majority of the car ride looking through my phone for job opportunities for my dad. Every time I proposed a new idea, he turned it down. My dad was very stubborn, I was starting to see the resemblance.

When we arrive at the pet store, I realized I was still in my dance attire. There was no way I could pass this off as a regular outfit. My dad took notice to my panicked expression. He reached into the back of the car to pull out an old Cobra Kai sweatshirt.

"Here put this on" he said as he tossed the sweatshirt to me.

"Dad I can't wear this, and it smells"

"It's either that, or you go in there dressed like a hooker"

"This is nothing compared to what hookers wear"

"Close enough" he laughed.

I rolled my eyes and threw on the sweatshirt. It smelled like a mixture of cologne and sweat.

"God dad, when was the last time you washed this?"

"I don't know, 1998?"

"Jesus Christ!" I said as I started to gag.

I pulled myself and did my best to make myself look presentable.

I entered the store and kept my head down as long as I could. With my luck, maybe I could sneak in without anyone noticing I was late. Sadly that wasn't the case. I was greeted by Luke, my manager, who had a very unhappy grin plastered on his face.

"I know what you're gonna say, but I have a really good explanation-"

"No! No more excuses. This is your 3rd time being late this month"

"I know, I'm sorry"

"Sorry won't cut it anymore. You're not even in uniform!"

I could feel my entire body starting to shake in fear for the next words that would soon come out of his mouth.

"I have to let you go, Blair"

"No please Luke, you know how much I need this job" I begged.

"I'm sorry, but do you have any idea how many people would kill for this job? And those people are actually devoted to showing up on time" he explained.

I could feel the tears starting to build up.

"Fuck you" I said as I ran out of the store, a crying mess. Even if I still had my job at the dance studio, that still wouldn't be enough to provide for my dad and I.