Chapter Thirteen

I woke up to a pair of arms shaking me awake, it was Charlotte. She was fully dressed in her dance attire and that's when it hit me, it was Saturday. I had another class to teach. I hoped out of bed and scurried to get my dance wear on. Hawk slowly got up from the bed. When he saw me frantically getting dressed, he did the same. I saw I had gotten quit the number of texts from my dad, asking where I was, but I didn't have time to answer.

We bolted out the door and made our way to the studio and Hawk gave me a kiss goodbye.When Charlotte and I entered the class, Mrs. Duquet gave me a judgmental stare and continued on with the class. I could tell she and I wouldn't be friends anytime soon, let alone have the type of relationship Mrs. Carre and I had.

When class ended, I received a text from the group chat, it was my dad. Apparently he decided to add a Saturday class to the schedule. Thankful, he made it so that I could make it and it wouldn't interfere with my dance class. He also mentioned that he had something special in store for today's training. We dropped Charlotte off at her friends house and headed off to the destination my dad had sent us. I got changed in the car with the clothing Eli had given since I didn't feel like stopping at home. My dad told us all to wear casual workout clothing today instead of our usual Gi's.

We arrived at an automobile junkyard. Hawk and I were both left confused, maybe my dad gave us the wrong address or maybe we didn't come in the right way.

"This is the address he gave us" I said as I double checked my phone.

"Why does it matter? We're alone now" he said as he placed his hand on my thigh, inches away from my heat.

"Hawk, we can't do this right now" I laughed as he grabbed my jawline. He leaned in and connected our lips. As he deepened the the kiss, he broke away to say, "Fuck you're so hot"

I allowed a small moan to escape my mouth. My hands crept under his shirt as our tongues continued to fight for dominance until we heard someone from outside the car. It was my dad and the rest of the group.

"Get off of my daughter Hawk!" He yelled.

We both quickly broke away from the kiss and ran towards the group in embarrassment.

"Sorry Sensei" I said with my head down.

"You two and I our gonna have a little chat after class" he added before leading the group to the center of the junkyard. I locked eyes with Miguel momentarily. He seemed angry again, I still didn't understand it. Maybe something happened with Sam.

"You've trained hard. You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done you're best. You're ready for this tournament, am I right?" My dad ask as he stood on top of a broken down car.

"Yes Sensei!" We all replied.

"Wrong!" He said as he threw his empty beer can at us. "You're best ain't shit! If you wanna win the All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament, you gotta give me better than your best. Which is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. Do you understand?"

"Yes Sensei!"

"Are you losers?!"

"No Sensei!"

"Are you nerds?!"

"No Sensei!"

"Are you sure?!"

"No Sensei!"

He rested his head in his hands in frustration.

Our training consisted of various obstacles we all had to endure as a team. At times he would allow us to break some of the objects in the junkyard as another form of training. I enjoyed breaking the glass windows of cars with my friends.

The next challenge was crossing a thin board above a ton of sharp metal and broken glass. I quickly crossed it with no problem. Miguel and Hawk seemed to have a little more trouble though.

"Come on Princess, move that ass!" He yelled at Miguel.

Another challenge was stepping through tires. Miguel showed off and I started to follow behind. I ended up tripping causing Hawk to fall on top of me.

We both laughed until Hawk said, "You know, this is my second time being on top of you in the last 48 hours"

"Ok ok break it up you two" my dad said as he threw Hawk off of me and helped me up.

-

After a while of breaking things and dangerous obstacles, we headed on to our next task. My dad started to hand out pieces of jerky to everyone except for Hawk and I.

"If you wanna win, you gotta be hungry. You guys hungry?"

Everyone nodded their heads as they ate the piece of jerky that was given to them. Everyone except Hawk and I.

"Good and so are they" my dad said as he blew a dog whistle. Suddenly a pack of German Shepard's came running out and started to chase everyone who had previously had the jerky.

Everyone dispersed and ran.

"Don't be afraid, they smell fear" my dad laughed.

Hawk and I laughed at them, but we were still confused why my dad didn't have us participate in this task.

"Sensei, why aren't we participating?" Hawk asked.

"We need to talk, I'm gonna start with you first" he said to me as he lead me away from Hawk. I was so fucked.

"Where were you last night? You didn't come home after the dance class"

"I know, I'm really sorry. Hawk offered for me to stay at his place for the night. I didn't think it would be that big of a deal"

"It wouldn't be if you had thought to text me"

"I'm sorry, dad"

"It's ok kiddo" he said as he pulled me into a hug. "Just don't worry me like that again"

"I won't" I laughed.

"Now do you mind telling me what Hawk meant by 'being on top of you for the second time in 48 hours?"

My cheeks heated up in panic.

"Uh-"

"Oh god" he said as his hand met his face. "So it's true then"

I gave an awkward smile, not knowing how to respond to that.

"Fuck"

"What's wrong with Hawk? I thought you were starting to like him?"

"I do like him, I'm fine with him having sex with anyone, but you"

"What?!"

"You're my daughter, what do you expect me to say?!"

I laughed at his words and was surprised at how well he was taking this.

"We're gonna have to figure something out where you two can be happy and I don't ever have to see you two making out again."

I agreed and we headed back to Hawk who stood by a broken Jeep as the dogs continued to chase the class. This was going to be awkward.

"Hey Hawk" my dad said as he held out his hand to shake Hawk's.

"Hey Sensei"

My dad stared him down as he plotted his big speech, surprisingly it wasn't much.

"Watch yourself"

That was all my dad as he headed back to observe the class being attacked.

"That went better than I thought" he laughed.

"No kidding"

He placed his hand under my chin and slightly lifted it to place a kiss on my lips.

"What did I just say?!" My dad yelled.

We broke apart and laughed.

I saw Miguel being chased around by a dog and I couldn't help but burst out into laughter, it was cute.