Chapter Nineteen

Miguel woke me up by tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Morning sleepy head" he laughed.

"What time is it?" I asked as I rubbed my eyes.

"Time for school"

"Can't we just skip? I'd rather stay here with you" I smiled before tugging on the collar of his shirt, pulling him into a passionate kiss. Before the kiss could get too agressive, I heard someone clear their throat from the kitchen, it was my dad.

Miguel and I broke apart and looked back to my dad who was eating breakfast with Miguel's mom and grandmother. They all stared at us.

"Your dad came over this morning to check where you were since you didn't come home last night" Miguel explained.

I nodded my head in embarrassment. Knowing my dad, he could probably tell what had happened last night.

-

We quickly ate breakfast and Miguel's mom drove us to school.

When we entered the school together, I quickly made my way over to my locker. I did my best to avoid Hawk, who was nowhere in sight.

"Hey" Sam said as she leaned against the locker next to mine.

"Hey"

"I'm really sorry about Robby the other day"

"It's fine. I've excepted the fact that he's never going to like me"

"Blair-"

"Can we please just drop the subject?"

I continued to gather my books as she tried to keep the conversation going to put me in a better mood.

"I'm sorry about you and Hawk"

"How'd you know?"

"Everyone in school knows about it. Hawk has a big reputation now, people are gonna talk about what goes on in his life" she explained.

"Great"

She made eye contact with someone behind me, her reaction told me exactly who it was.

"What do you want?" She asked Hawk.

"I'd like to talk to Blair." He stared her down. "Alone"

She scoffed, "yeah right"

"Sam it's fine, I'll catch up with you at lunch" I reassured her.

She looked back at Hawk and stared him down before leaving.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Blair, I'm sorry"

"No you're not"

"Why is that?"

"If you were really sorry, you wouldn't be apologizing to me" I replied.

He didn't have a response. His true colors were really showing today.

"I can't standing being away from you. Can you please forgive me?" He said as he held my hand. "This means forever" he said as he looked down at his tattoo, causing me to look down as well.

"I'm sorry, Hawk" I said as I started to walk away. I wasn't ready to forgive him.

As I started to walk down the hallway I felt him grab my wrist. I tried pulling away, but his grip only tightened.

"Get off of her!" Miguel yelled as he punched him in the face. He released me from his grip and Miguel was quick to check if I was ok. "Are you ok?" He asked as he cupped my cheek.

"You've got to be kidding me. We broke up last night and you've already run to some else?"

"What is your problem?"

"You!" He yelled at me before taking another step closer. Miguel stepped in front of me.

"Back off"

"I should have known you'd be the one to steal her away. Tell me, how does it feel to be the second choice?" He laughed, "She fucked you yet?"

"Hawk, enough!"

"I'll take that as a yes" he said before a teacher came around the corner.

"What is going on here? You all should be in class" she ordered.

She sent us on our way and we continued on with the day. I couldn't believe the complete asshole that Eli had become.

-

The school day ended and I got ready for my usual dance class.

When my dad dropped me off, I ran inside to avoid the pouring rain. I found parts of the studio being renovated. It looked like a lot was being redone. I didn't know what to think of this. I had always enjoyed the way Mrs. Carre made the studio appear. I guess her taste was different than Mrs. Duquet's. I quickly looked around for Mrs. Duquet to ask her what exactly was going on. I found her going over choreography in the classroom.

"Mrs. Duquet?"

"Hello Miss. Lawrence" she scowled as I entered the room. She had the same look of disgust on her face as usual.

"What's going out there? And where are all the girls?"

"Renovations of course. Classes are canceled for the week until they are done."

"I didn't get an email about that"

"I know" she smiled.

"Shouldn't I have gotten an email about canceled classes? I work here after all."

"Not anymore"

"What?!"

"I never saw the need for a student teacher. If anything, all they do is get in the way."

"Mrs. Duquet please-"

"I think it would be best for you to leave now, Miss. Lawrence. Unless you plan on enrolling in classes, you really have no business here"

Tears started to form and began to flow down my cheeks. I ran out of the studio and into the parking lot. I had devoted my whole life to these classes and now that was all taken away by some stranger.

-

I walked to the dojo and managed to calm down my emotions. While I had stopped crying, anger was raging inside of me. I didn't mind the rain, it provided some serenity to me. It only took me ten minutes to reach the dojo since it was only a few blocks away from the studio.

I walked inside with my dance attire completely soaked. Everyone's attention was geared towards me, including my dad.

"What are you doing here? shouldn't you be in dance?" He said as he handed me a jacket.

"I'm entering the tournament" I blurted out

"What?"

"I'm entering the tournament" I repeated.

His emotions were mixed. He was both confused and happy at the same time.

"Oh- ok then, fall in" he said as he went back to teaching.