Chapter Three

The next morning I awoke to find my dad shaking me awake. I didn't know why because neither of us had anywhere to be. He was nicely dressed and looked pretty decent, still didn't know why though.

"Get up kid"

"What- why?" I said as I rubbed my eyes. I pulled the covers up, back over my head trying to go back to sleep.

"Fine, I guess I'll just go visit the dojo myself"

His words left me in shock and I quickly shot up from the bed in excitement.

"You should have lead with that" I said as I quickly got ready.

I grabbed a granola bar and bolted out to the car. I hadn't been this excited in ages.

-

When we arrived to the vacancy, a man showed us around. It wasn't much, but it had potential.

"Do you like it?" He asked.

"Like it? I love it! It's perfect" I squealed as I have him a big hug.

My dad and I started to come up with ideas for the dojo as the man went to go get the paperwork.

"So we can put the mats here and over there can be the sparring room" my dad pointed out.

"What should we call it?"

"Call what?"

"The dojo, it's gotta have a name"

We both took a moment to think of something. We wanted something that would draw customers in and would also sound badass.

"How about Cobra Kai?" He added.

"Really?"

"What wrong with Cobra Kai?"

"Nothing, I was just surprised that you chose that" I added.

"It'll be a new Cobra Kai, none of that Kreese shit" he assured me.

"Ok" I smiled, giving him another hug.

"But don't think that means I'm gonna go easy on you, you're still my student" he laughed.

We were given the paperwork and headed home. I ran over to Miguel's apartment to share the good news. He wasn't hesitant with opening the door.

"Hey Blair-"

"We got the dojo" I exclaimed.

"What?! That's great!" He said as he pulled me into a hug, spinning me around.

"Thank you" I said.

"For what?"

"If you hadn't mention the idea, we would have never gotten the dojo" I smiled.

I got lost in his eyes for a moment before my dad yelled out.

"Diaz, 5pm tomorrow. Don't be late"

I laughed at the thought that all of this was really happening, my dad and I were opening our own dojo. It would also be warming to know that I would be able to spend more time with Miguel.

"I better get going, my dad and I have to do some work to get the dojo ready"

"Ok, let me know if you need any help"

"I will" I called out as I headed into the apartment.

-

We spent the rest of the day working on the dojo. Painting, setting up, and moving a tone of shit around. In the end it was worth it. We were ready.