Chapter Twenty Two

I spent the night at Sams and woke up to the smell of Banana-Rama Pancakes. She and I bolted down the stairs to eat breakfast.

"Morning dad"

"Morning Mr. LaRusso" I smiled.

"Morning girls, oh Blair, do you want some ice for your shoulder"

"That would be great"

He handed me and ice pack as Mrs. LaRusso handed us our plates. Anthony was sitting on the couch playing his video games as Robby entered the kitchen. He was surprised to see me, I forgot that he wasn't aware that I slept over.

"Hey"

"Hey" he awkwardly replied.

"Robby, are you gonna eat?" Mr. LaRusso asked.

"I'm heading to the dojo, I wanna get a little practice in" he admitted before leaving.

We started to eat breakfast and eventually Sam kicked my leg from under the table, hinting at me to tell Mr. LaRusso about my interest in joining Miyagi-Do.

"Mr. LaRusso, I was wondering if you looking for new recruits for Miyagi-Do?"

He looked at me with a surprised expression, "Are you looking to join?"

"Yes" I nodded.

"I'd love to have you on the team, you'll just have to be careful with your shoulder" he smiled.

"Blair teaches dance classes every other day" Sam added.

"That's ok, would you be able to start tomorrow?"

"Sure"

We finished up breakfast and I spent the rest of the day with Sam. It was nice spending time with her. She made me forget about all of my troubles with Miguel. We spent the day watching movies, singing karaoke, and more. Surprisingly, my shoulder was getting better at a fast pace. Maybe I would be able to get back into karate sooner than I anticipated.

When 3pm rolled around, I had Sam drive me to Cobra Kai. It didn't matter that the tournament was yesterday, my dad didn't believe in days off. I would mostly be observing today, but I would try to do a few things.

I found my dad teaching the class with a guest instructor. I couldn't tell who it was due to the crowd. I filed in with the class as they continued to talk. Miguel refused to look at me which broke my heart, one of my closest friends now hated me.

Eli made room for me at the front of the line, I was quick to join him. When I reached the front of the class, I saw who the guest instructor was. Kreese. Holy shit, what was my dad thinking?

Sadly he and I made eye contact.

"Ah, Miss. Lawrence. I'm glad to finally meet you, I've heard a great deal about you"

"Thanks" I turned to face my dad, "dad- Sensei, can I talk to you for a moment?" I said as I pulled him to his office.

"Sure. Kreese, warm them up" he yelled. "What's up kid?"

"What the hell is he doing here?"

"Look, last night after the party, he stopped by. I talked to him and I thought he could help the dojo"

"Dad, that man ruined your life!"

"Listen kid, I'm just looking out for the dojo"

"You're gonna regret this"

"Why don't you get back out there and start your warm up" he said in an angry tone.

I quickly made my way back out to the group and next to Eli.

"Everything ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, just a little argument with my dad, no big deal" I admitted.

"I just wanted to congratulate you all on your victory yesterday before we start. You all should be very grateful for Miss. Lawrence winning the Tournament for you all." Kreese explain.

"Actually Sensei, Miguel won the tournament" a quiet kid said.

"Is that so?"

"Technically we never fought, it was more of a shared win" Miguel explain.

Kreese stepped towards him.

"And yet the party was for you last night, am I right?"

Miguel was left silent.

"You won out of forfeits, she won out of fighting. Who do you think the real champion is?"

Miguel didn't respond.

-

Class was easy for me since I couldn't do much. I watched as Kreese and my dad put the rest of the kids through hell.

My dad asked me to clean up the sparring room while he got his things together. As I cleaned, I heard someone enter the room, Kreese.

"What do you want?" I snapped.

"That's no way to talk to your Sensei"

"You're not my Sensei"

"As of today I am"

I rolled my eyes at his comment.

"I'm a little busy at the moment"

"I thought I would help, I don't know why Sensei Lawrence would ask you to do this in your condition"

"He and I aren't exactly on good terms at the moment"

"I see"

I finished up cleaning and headed for the door, Kreese stopped me before I could leave.

"You're a very talented student, you know that right?"

I looked away, trying my best not to meet his eyes.

"Just be careful who you chose to fight for" he added. Did he know about me transferring to Miyagi-Do? This concerned me because I had only just signed up today.