Chapter Twenty One

It took quit a bit of convincing to get my dad to allow me to compete. Eventually he gave in and helped me to the mat. Sam ran up to the announcer to let him know that I would be competing after all.

"Hello again" I smirked at my brother as I met him in the middle once again.

"You just don't know when to quit, do you?" He laughed.

The pain was still there, but I managed to endure it. I wanted this to be a fair game and I wasn't about to let my brother win for the shit he just pulled. I managed to fight good, but he purposefully hit my weak spot to gain his point. I found this to be bull shit, by I didn't have a say in the point system.

"Ready? Fight!" The referee yelled.

I pushed my pain to the side and focused on beating the living shit out of Robby. With every punch and kick, I managed to win my point.

"Point Lawrence!" They yelled. "Next point wins.....fight!"

My heart was racing. It was anyone's game. I couldn't mess this up.

He put up quit the fight, managing to block most of my moves and striking me a few times. In the end, it was no use though. He could block me all he wanted to and I still managed to slam him to the ground, winning me the final point.

The crowd applauded for me. I reached my hand down to help Robby up and he smacked if away. I brushed it off and went onto the fact that I had to face Miguel next.

Miguel walked up to me before saying, "We don't have to do this if you don't want to"

"I know, that's why I'm stepping down"

"What?"

"I got what I wanted, you deserve this" I reassured him. I was satisfied with my win against Robby, I didn't need the grand title. Besides, I didn't want to risk further injury with my shoulder.

"With Miss. Lawrence's forfeit, it is my honor to announce our 50th All Valley Champion, Miguel Diaz!" The announcer yelled.

I felt a huge crowd wrap their arms around me and Miguel. Everyone from Cobra Kai congratulated him on his win while he placed a kiss on my lips. As romantic as it was, it didn't feel the same. He had chosen the tournament over me. When I needed him the most, he wasn't there for me.

-

After stopping by the hospital, we headed back to the dojo to celebrate. My arm was in a sling and still held a little pain, so it wasn't much fun for me. While everyone partied inside, I headed outside and sat on the curb. The thoughts on everything that had happened in the past few months still haunted me. I opened a dojo with my dad, fell in love twice, lost my favorite job, and fell out of love. Tears started to roll down my face and I took a long sigh.

I felt someone sit next to me and I began to wipe away my tears.

"Shouldn't you be inside missy?" Miguel said before placing a kiss on my cheek. "Holy shit, are you ok?" He asked as he took notice to my tears and puff eyes.

"Yeah" I lied.

"Is this about the tournament?"

".......maybe"

"You know I would have stepped down if you asked"

"Would you?" I asked, "because you didn't even bother to check on me after I got hurt"

"Blair-"

"I can't do this anymore, Miguel. I loved you, I really did, but I guess you never felt the same way" I cried.

"I do love you"

"Oh come on Miguel, if you loved me, you would have forfeited just like Eli did."

He took a moment to process my words.

"So this is about Eli?"

"What?"

"You still have feelings for him, don't you?"

I hadn't thought about it. I suppose my feelings for him were coming back.

"Miguel-"

"No, I've heard enough" he said before going back into the dojo.

My crying intensified.

I could hear the party from outside, everyone was having a great time while I cried. I wanted to go home, but my dad was too busy celebrating to even notice that I was missing.

I didn't want to spend the rest of my night crying. I decided to text Sam to ask her if she wanted to hangout. Thankfully she said yes and offered to pick me up in the next five minutes.

She quickly arrived and we drove back to her house. She told me not to worry about Robby, he was getting scolded by Mr. LaRusso at the moment. We headed up to her room and chatted for a bit.

"How's your arm feeling?"

"Better, still hurts like a bitch though" I laughed.

"Do you want me to get you some ice?"

"No, don't worry about it"

"I'm really sorry about Robby"

"You don't have to keep apologizing for his actions"

"I know, I just hate seeing you two like this"

"It's fine, it's not like there's anything else I can really do" I sighed.

She took a moment to think.

"Maybe there is" she said as she headed towards her closet. She pulled out a karate Gi, a Miyagi-Do Gi.

"Sam-"

"Just hear me out. I'm really not suppose to be telling you this, but Robby said he doesn't like you because you hang around with the people from Cobra Kai. Maybe joining Miyagi-Do would help you two fix your relationship."

"Sam, I can't just leave my dad. We made the dojo together"

"Then join both"

"What?"

"Join both, you can go to classes every other day. You can tell your dad you have a project to do with me and I'll tell my dad that you're still teaching at the dance studio."

At first it seemed like a terrible idea, but the more I thought about it, maybe she was right. This might be my last shot to get Robby back.