Chapter Twenty Eight

Tonight is my first training with Kreese. Part of me was kinda looking forward to it, but at the same time, I wasn't.

Mr. LaRusso was kind enough to drive me. He refused to leave the parking lot in case anything bad were to happen. I was happy to know that he was looking out for me, when my real dad hadn't even bothered to text me and ask if I was ok.

I headed into the dojo and found Eli and Miguel training together. Once I entered the room, their attention was geared towards me. I was so relieved to see both of them. Because of that bitch Tori, I hadn't been able to spend anytime with either of them. I missed them.

With one look, I ran and wrapped my arms around both of them. I let out a sigh of relief when the pulled me in tighter. I also noticed that Eli dyed his hair red from the last time I saw him. It looked good, he looked good.

"You have no idea how much we've missed you" Eli said as they let go of me.

"You have no idea how much I've missed you. For the longest time, I thought you hated me" I laughed.

"We could never hate you" Miguel added.

Eventually Kreese entered the room and we all fell silent.

"Alright, enough chit chat, let's get to work."

-

Training lasted until 9. That's when Kreese asked Miguel and Eli to head home for the night. We all started to pack up before Eli spoke up.

"You going to the party this weekend?"

"You mean at Moons?"

"Yeah" I smiled. "Are you guys?"

"Yup"

I had a question I was dying to ask them, but I didn't want to ask it. I finally brought myself to speak up.

"Are you guys going with anyone?"

"Miguel's going with Tori"

"Wait- as in the Tori who hates me?"

"She doesn't hate you" Miguel sighed. "She's not that bad once you get to know her"

I didn't like the idea of Miguel hanging around my replacement. It felt weird.

Eli rolled his eyes before asking me, "Would you wanna go together?"

I was relieved that he asked me. I had been wanting to give my relationship with him another try, but I could never find the right time to ask him.

"I'd love to" I smiled.

"Ok, I guess I'll pick you up at 5?"

"Sounds good, but I'm staying at the LaRusso's house at the moment" I added as we both stood up.

His expression slightly changed. He still wasn't too fond of Miyagi-Do because of all the bullshit my dad and Kreese had been drilling into his head. I understood it was going to take time for him to understand.

"Ok then"

We all headed for the door before Kreese called out to me.

"Not you Miss. Lawrence, you're not done for the night"

"Sensei, it's getting late and Mr. LaRusso is still outside waiting-"

"And he can wait a little longer, come" he ordered.

I sighed and dropped my bag. We headed back to the center of the mat. He had me practice some of the more intense skills he usually wouldn't teach the regular class.

"Very good" he complimented.

"I'm sorry Sensei, but what's the point of this?"

"I wanted to see if you would be prepared for this" he said as he prepared to sweep my leg. I quickly blocked him. "You know that one all too well, don't you?" He grinned.

I gulped and straightened up.

"A true Cobra is prepared for anything, even the most dangerous of attacks. You, my dear, seem to be the only one who is fit to face them" he said before fighting me. I wasn't prepared for this, so he struck me in the side. I would be feeling that for weeks. I quickly got myself together and fought back. Winning dominance over him for a solid 2 minutes before he flipped me over. That was new.

I grunted in pain, but I was also amazed. I had never learned that trick before.

"What was that?"

"An old trick of mine" he said as he helped me up.

"Can you teach me?"

He laughed, "In time"

"Thank you" I added after a few moments of silence.

"For what?"

"For helping me"

"Miss. Lawrence, you are the most talented person in the dojo. You made one mistake, I wasn't going to let that determine your future, let alone waste your potential."

"What about Tori?"

"Tori is strong, but she is far from your level. If you think we brought her in to replace you, you're wrong. We brought her in to test you."

"Thank you Sensei"

"No, thank you"

-

I headed back out to the car, where Mr. LaRusso was waiting.

"Thank god you're ok" he sighed in relief. "That went on for way too long"

"I'm ok" I laughed.

"Well how did it go?"

"Better than I anticipated" I admitted.

I went to buckle me seat belt and as I did, I felt the spot that Kreese struck me, writhe in pain. I let out a small grunt.

"Woah, woah, woah- what's wrong?" He asked.

"It's nothing, I'm fine" I lied.

I will admit, I had never been hit that hard by my instructor before.

"No you're not" he added. "May I?" He asked hinting at my shirt. I rolled my eyes and gave in, he had the right to know.

He lifted up the side of my shirt to reveal the bruise that was left behind by Kreeses kick.

"You've gotta be kidding me" he said as he got out of the car.

I quickly followed behind him.

"Mr. LaRusso!" I called out, he didn't answer.

He entered the dojo and began to look for Kreese.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" He asked Kreese who was sitting at my dads desk.

"What do you mean?"

I stood in the door way to stay out of the conversation.

"You purposely hurt your student!"

"She wasn't prepared for the fight, it was a learning experience"

"Yeah, learning experience my ass"

Kreese let out a small laugh before saying, "I think it would be best if you left now, we're closed at the moment"

"This isn't over" Mr. LaRusso huffed before heading back out to the car. Before I could leave, Kreese spoke up.

"We're all heading to Coyote Creek tomorrow, if you really want to show where your loyalty lies, show up and win"