Chapter Forty Six

After our training, we headed home. I then received a text from Sam.

S: Miyagi-Do is back on. I'm coming to pick you up. Be ready in 10

Shit. Was this really happening again? Was I gonna have to train with two dojo's again? I sighed and got ready to go. I sneaked past my dad and headed to Miyagi-Do with Sam.

When we got there, we were greeted by our usual students and I was happy to see Mr. LaRusso again. I hadn't seen him in a while since his trip to Okinawa. I quickly gave him a small hug before finding my spot next to Demitri.

"I know it's been a while since our last class. After the fight at the school, I wasn't sure Miyagi-Do should stay open. But things have gotten worse since we shut down. That's why we're back. The only way to stop Cobra Kai, is if we all work together. But always remember, the reason we learn karate is to learn defense." Mr. LaRusso explained.

After our training ended. I quickly made my way over to Mr. LaRusso.

"Hey, Mr. LaRusso"

"Hey, Blair. Great job today"

"Thanks. I really need to talk to you actually"

"Sure. What's up?"

"My dad started another dojo and as you can imagine it's not going too well"

"Is this about deciding what side to be on? Because if it is, I want you to know I completely support whatever side you choose-"

"No, that's the thing. I don't want to have to choose. What if you and my dad teamed up. We'd be stronger to go up against Cobra Kai."

"Blair, it's a great idea, but you know Johnny and I have never gotten along. Just give me some time to think about it, ok?"

"Ok. Thank you"

Training eventually ended and I headed home. I immediately went to sleep.

-

When I woke up, I found my dad getting ready to leave. Did we have training today? Where was he going?

"Whatcha up to?"

"Going to get Robby"

"What?!"

"He gets out today. I going to bring him home."

"I'm coming with you"

"No you're not"

"What? Why?"

"I need to have some one on one time with him. I need him to forgive me"

"I really think it would be better if I went with you"

"Please, Blair. Just give me this chance"

I sighed, "fine"

I spent the day working on all the schoolwork I had been putting off. I had piles upon piles of missing assignments and late work that I needed to hand in before the end of the semester. I couldn't allow my grades to slip because of all the drama in my life. I still wanted a future for myself outside of karate. 

Miguel came over later that day with sushi. He offered to help me study for several of my upcoming tests. I enjoyed having the company. Because he was there, I was actually able to make some progress.

Eventually we took a break when we heard the sound of the front door open. My dad was home and we headed out to the living room to say hi. 

"Hey Sensei"

"Diaz, what are you doing here?"

"I was helping Blair study for her French test" Miguel explained.

"Oh, cool" Dad said as he grabbed a beer from the fridge.

"I should probably head home anyway" he said as he placed a kiss on my cheek and headed out the door.

"Where's Robby?" I asked as I sat down next to my dad at the kitchen table.

He didn't answer at first.

"Dad, where's Robby?" I said as I started to get more angry.