Chapter Thirty Eight

I had Sam drive me to where Robby was. Sadly, she wasn't allowed inside. They had a strict family members only rule. My dad was running late, I guess he was delivering his payment to the hospital. I met up with Bobby in the main lobby.

I looked around even though I had no clue who I was looking for. I soon felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to be greeted by sweet looking man. I grew up with the stories my dad told me about all of his friends and the good times they had together. It was nice to finally meet one of them.

"You're Blair, right?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm assuming you're Bobby?"

"Yup" he said as he shook my hand. "I see you got your dads eyes" he complemented.

"Yeah, I guess so"

"Where's your dad by the way?"

"He's probably just running late"

"That's ok, it'll give you some one on one time with Robby" he smiled as he lead me into another room. My heart was racing. I wanted to see Robby more than anything.

When we got there, I saw Robby sitting at a table. He quickly made eye contact with me. I ran over to him instantly and wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm so glad you're ok" I said in relief.

-

I spent a lot of time catching up with Robby. Apparently life hasn't been easy for him lately. I couldn't blame him though. I noticed a few bruises on him. I guess his inmates weren't too friendly.

"How's Sam doing? I saw her on TV the other day"

"She's good. She's actually the one who drove me here. Mr. LaRusso would have driven me, but he's working late at the dealership today"

He scoffed, "You mean that prick who put me in here"

"He was doing you a favor"

His expression slowly changed.

"He misses you, we all do" I added.

"Then where's dad?"

"He's coming, just give him time. He said he had to stop somewhere"

He laughed sarcastically, "Where have I heard that before?"

"Robby, I don't wanna fight with you"

I didn't want to bring up Sid. That would create a completely different conversation that I didn't want to get into. It would probably make Robby more pissed anyways.

"How is he?" He asked.

"Robby-"

"Please just tell me"

"He just woke up and he has a surgery tomorrow" I explained.

"How bad is it?"

I sighed, "It's nothing he can't handle"

"Shit-"

I quickly grabbed onto his hands to make him feel better. We both fell silent for a second before I asked the question I had been wondering for the past few weeks.

"Why'd you do it?"

"What?"

"Why'd you do it?"

He didn't answer at first.

"Please Robby, I just want to understand what was going on in your head"

"It's one thing when I hurt you. It's another thing when someone else does it. You're my sister and I couldn't stand by and not put him into his place"

"You mean into a coma?"

I instantly regretted my words and he let go of my hands, sinking back into his chair.

"I'm sorry" I said.

I heard Bobby enter the room. I quickly got up to talk to him. He looked almost as frustrated as I was at the moment.

"Where is he?" I whispered to him.

"I don't know, he said he was on his way 30 minutes ago"

"Fuck" I sighed.

We both made our way back over to Robby and sat down.

"Hey kiddo" he said.

Robby looked back to me, growing angrier by the moment.

"He's not coming, I fucking knew it" he said as he got up from his seat. He headed back to his room and I was left alone with Bobby. How could my dad do this?