Chapter Sixteen

The next few days went great. I kept a healthy diet and Sam and I grew closer as friends. I made a promise to everyone I loved, and I intended on keeping that promise. Everyone at the dojo was making valuable progress for the tournament next week, I couldn't wait to see Hawk and Miguel perform.

-

Today was my first day of bring a friend week at dance. Hawk offered to drive since he would be my "friend" for the day. I was beyond thrilled for today.

After I got dressed, I bolted out the door to Hawks car. I heard my dad yell goodbye from his bedroom as I entered the car.

When we entered the studio hand in hand, we were given a lot of unusual stares as we walked down the hallway. I guess some of the people there never thought I would ever end up with someone like Hawk. The older girls gave flirtatious waves while the younger girls swooned at the sight of him. I was one lucky girl.

I lead Hawk into the empty classroom. I could tell he was feeling a little uncomfortable with all of this, it wasn't his forte after all.

"Hey, relax. You're gonna be fine" I reassured him as I continued to hold his hand.

He replied with a soft, but meaningful kiss. I had the biggest urge for him to just pin me to one of these walls and start making out with me as he deepened the kiss. That thought was soon interrupted my Mrs. Duquet who cleared her throat to get our attention.

"Sorry Mrs. Duquet" I apologized.

"I presume this is your "buddy" for the day, Miss. Lawrence" she said as she looked Hawk up and down in disappointment.

"Yes" I smiled.

"Have you ever taught a ballet class before Mr-"

"Hawk" he corrected.

I gave him a slight nudge. I was hoping he would tell her to call him by his last name rather than his little made up name. Either way it was fine and I moved past it.

I welcomed the little girls into the room and as they filed in, they gave little smiles to Hawk who stood beside me. We all sat in a circle to introduce all of the friends to each other. Charlotte didn't bring any friends today. I felt bad for her and invited her to partner up with Hawk and I when it came time for that portion of the class. She was quick to accept and sat in my lap for the remainder of the conversation. I think she was really starting it warm up to me.

"Mrs. Lawrence, would you care to introduce your 'friend' to us?" Mrs. Duquet asked.

"Sure, this is my 'friend' Hawk"

"Hi" he said to the class of blushing little girls.

We all eventually made our way to the barre and began to warm up. I could feel Hawks eyes trailing over me from behind. I will admit, it did make me mess up a bit.

He struggled a lot during the class. I couldn't help but let out a few laughs a times. It finally came time to do our work across the floor. Mrs. Duquet and I instructed the girls to do the combination that consisted of pique turns and a few step up turns as well.

After all of the little girls went with their friends, it was finally time for me to go across the floor with Hawk and Charlotte. I manage to complete the routine with ease. When I made it to the other side with Charlotte, we looked back to see Hawk still struggling to reach the end. When he finally made it over he sighed in relief.

"You did great" I smiled.

"Oh please, don't pity me. It only makes things worse." He laughed. "I'm never doing this again"