Chapter Nine

I had spent the night at Miguel's. His mother was very gracious to let me stay, I would have to keep that in mind for the future.

I decided to skip school today and chose to head to the dojo for a bit of solo practice. My dad wasn't going to be there until 5pm, so I had the dojo all to myself for the day.

I spent most of my time focusing on my balance, it was my biggest weakness. It was nice to be alone. With all that had happened in the last 24 hours, I needed this. I managed to clear my head of everything, Robby, Eli, my dad, and all of my other problems. As I finally started to achieve the skill I was practicing, I was rudely interrupted by my dad.

As I fell over in shock, I yelled at my dad who stood at the doorway.

"Dad! What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same question. I got a call saying you weren't at the school, I assumed you were here." He said.

"I'm sorry, I didn't feel like going today" I said as I headed to the sparring room. My dad followed behind.

"It's ok, I get it"

He was surprisingly calm about the situation. I mean, I was a good student, I rarely ever missed school and I always managed to keep my grades up. I guess he decided to make an exception for today.

I started to hit the sparring bag with full force to drown out my dad.

"Look Blair, I don't like how we left things last night. I was worried when you didn't come home" he said.

I continued to practice without saying anything.

"Keep your back straight" he added.

I guess he realized I wasn't going to listen to the sappy shit he had to say, so he was going to just teach me instead. I straightened up like he said and continued on.

"That's it,now throw a few kicks in there"

I did as he said and a smile grew on both of our faces. I couldn't stay mad at my dad.

We spent the rest of the day training like the good old days. It brought back so many memories. We decided to take a break around 1pm and grab some water. As we rehydrated, my dad started up another conversation.

"I'm thinking about entering us in the 'All Valley Tournament'"

"Really?"

"Why not?"

"No it's a great idea, I just didn't think you would want to do it since we just started."

"Well, the kids are getting better at surprisingly fast rates and with my star student, we're sure to win" he said as he playfully nudged me.

"Dad- I want to, I really do, but you know I can't. Between the dojo and my job at the dance studio, I'm barely finding anytime for school. Entering in the tournament would just add more stress" I admitted.

We both stood there in silence. I could tell he was disappointed, but he knew it was the right choice.

"I'm really sorry Blair, for everything" he said as he started to tear up a little bit.

"Dad- it's ok, this is new to both of us. We still have a lot to learn. And as for Robby, we'll figure it out" I said as I gave him a loving hug. He rested his head on top of mine and tried to control his breath.

"I'm really sorry"

"I'm sorry too" I said.

We stayed like that for a bit and continued on with our training together.

-

I decided to head to the dance studio a little earlier than usual. I knew that Eli would be dropping his sister off today and I really wanted to see him again, and see if he was ok. I also needed to show more responsibility if I wanted to keep this job.

My dad dropped me off and I rushed inside, instantly looking for Eli. He wasn't there. Then again, I was a little early, maybe he would show up a little later.

"You're here early" Mrs. Carre said as I entered the empty classroom.

"Just thought I would makeup the time I missed on Saturday" I laughed as I began to do some stretches.

I passed the time by doing my splits and heal stretches. Eventually, the little girls started to file into class. I looked to see if I could spot Charlotte, but there was no sign of her or Eli. I was starting to get worried.

"Blair!" Mrs. Carre said as she snapped my out of my trance.

"Sorry"

"Do you mind leading the warmup today? I need to take a call" she asked.

I nodded my head and started instructing the girls as she headed out to the hallway.

After our time at the bar, Mrs. Carre entered the room again. He eyes seemed a little red, from crying? I didn't ask anything to stay professional and to continue on with the class. I also didn't want to ask if it was anything personal. Still, it left me curious what that call was about.

When the class ended,I followed the little girls out the door until Mrs. Carre called me over.

"Yes Mrs. Carre?" I asked.

"I just wanted to thank you for all your help these past few years" she said as she started to choke on her tears.

"Is everything ok?" I quickly ask.

She sighed and finally decided to say, "I'm retiring"

"What!?"

I knew Mrs. Carre was a bit old, but I never thought she would retire while I was still helping out.

"The women who will be replacing me called me in the middle of class to double check that everything was in order for when she takes over on Friday."

"Wait? Today's your last day?"

"I'm afraid so" she said.

I was completely shocked by this information. I had grownup with Mrs. Carre and now she was leaving. And what if this new teacher didn't like me, Mrs. Carre seemed to be the only one who could tolerate me.

"I just wanted to thank you for the best 8 years of my life. It has been an honor to watch you grow into the person you are today" she said as she cupped my cheek.

I quickly wrapped my arms around her and let out a few tears. I always considered Mrs. Carre to be like a mother to me, she was always there for me when my real mother wasn't. Now I was losing her all over again.

A/n - Hello, I'm starting to think about my next story. I'll still be writing this one and my other one, but I really want to write something else. I was thinking maybe a Finn Wolfhard fanfic. If you guys have any suggestions, please comment and tell me.