Chapter Thirty One

I finally went back home and everything was pretty normal with my dad. He was thrilled to have me back home. Apparently, he had been spending a lot of time with Miguel's mom lately. I was happy that he was finally getting back into dating.

-

I decided to dress up as Kira from Xanadu for the roller skating party tonight. Xanadu is a classic and nobody can tell me otherwise. Besides, who doesn't love Olivia Newton John?

I headed out to the living room to grab some water before Eli would pick me up.

"Don't you look pretty" my dad commented.

"Why thank you" I jokingly said as I did a fancy spin.

"Is Hawk going as Sonny?"

"Sadly no. I tried to talk him into it, but he decided to go with JD from Heathers" I explained.

"Lame" my dad scoffed.

"There's nothing wrong with Heathers"

"If there's nothing wrong with it, then why aren't you dressed up like Veronica?"

I was hesitant on my answer, "The costume wouldn't have gotten here on time"

"Yeah, yeah whatever. Have a good time" he laughed as he gave me a hug goodbye.

-

When we arrived at the roller rink, we quickly got our shoes. 80s music was blasted and everyone had a smile on their face. It really felt like we were back in the 80s. Once the skates were on, I struggled to get up. Eli was quick to help me up.

"You ok?"

"No, I suck at this"

"Come on, I'll help you" he said as he started to guide me to the rink.

When we got there, I nearly fell to the floor due to the flooring change.

"I got you" he said as he pulled me closer to him.

"I'm scared" I admitted.

He laughed before saying, "You can beat the shit out of an entire karate class and your afraid of a little skating?"

"Oh shut up"

We slowly skated around for a while. I had a tight grasp on his hand the whole time and only fell 3 times.

"See? You're getting the hang of it"

I rolled my eyes and continued on. Eli started to speed up.

"What are you doing?"

"Come on, you got it" he said as he pulled me along.

"Eli, this isn't a good idea"

He didn't listen to me and he continued to pick up his pace. I didn't have any other choice but to follow his lead. Surprisingly, it was fairly easy. Eventually, he let go of my hand and I was skating all on my own.

"You're doing it!" He cheered.

This was more fun than I could have ever imagined.

I was doing really well until someone ran into me, it was Sam. We both ended up falling over.

"Shit- sorry" she frantically said. She hadn't even realized it was me. "Oh my god, hi Blair. I didn't know you were here tonight" she said as Robby helped her up. Eli quickly helped me up as well.

"It's ok" I said. I knew she wasn't the best skater, but then again, I wasn't one to talk. "Eli invited me. Are you two hear together?" I asked in curiosity.

"Uh-"

I gasped in excitement. "Are you two-"

They both shared a look.

"Awww, why didn't you tell me?"

"It literally just happened today" Robby explained.

"Understandable"

I looked back over to Eli to make sure he was ok. For someone who hated Miyagi-Do, he was handling the run-in pretty well.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I need a break" I said to relieve the tension.

"You guys go ahead, we'll catch up with you later" Robby said.

"Alright, Don Johnson." I joked. "Don't screw this up, I know where you live" I teased.

They both laughed as Eli and I headed back over to the sidelines.

"Thanks" I said.

"For what?"

"For not punching Robby" I laughed.

He rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around me. We headed over to the concession stand to grab some water. We ended up running into Miguel.

"El Serpiente!" Eli said as he went to do his usual hand shake with him.

"You two on a date?" He asked.

"Yup" I smiled.

"Lemme guess, Kira and JD?"

"How'd you know?" I said in amazement.

"I was forced to watch all of those masterpieces when I was little" he laughed.

"Nice jacket" I added. "Seems oddly familiar"

He was wearing my dads classic Cobra Kai jacket. I remember all the times I would wear that jacket when I was little. It was still a little too big on me.

"Yeah, this pretty chill guy lent it to me" he laughed.

"Where's Tori at?" Eli asked.

"Oh, she working tonight. She should be done her shift soon"

"Well when you find her, you guys should come skate with us" Eli offered.

"Sounds good"

Our attention was then geared to Tori bumping into Sam, causing her to fall to the ground.

"Shit" I mumbled under my breath. Eli, Miguel, and I made our way over towards them. Sam quickly got up and tripped Tori over and spilled all the food she was carrying. It looked like it hurt a lot. Everyone in the rink now had their eyes paired on the situation.

"What the hell, Sam?!" Miguel yelled as he started to help Tori up.

"What? Me? I- she's the one-"

"Are you ok, Tori?" a security guard asked.

"Thanks" Tori said to Miguel and I as we helped her up. Eli helped pick up some of her things as well.

"All right, you're done" the security guard told them. "You're out"

"She's the one who started it!" Robby explained.

"You're out!"

They both sighed in frustration and left the rink.

I felt bad for them, but I didn't understand the situation. Was this all over Miyagi-Do and Cobra Kai?