Chapter Twenty Seven

Mr. LaRusso offered for me to stay at his house for as long as I needed. Everyone was very welcoming and told me not worry about asking if I needed anything. I will admit, I do miss waking up with my dad in the morning. That feeling was replaced by a new one. Now I was able to wake up with Robby and spend time with my brother. I had longed for this for so many years.

I still trained at Miyagi-Do, but I haven't been to Cobra Kai since the festival. I missed seeing Miguel and Eli at training. I had taken a few days off from school to get myself back together and today was my first day back. Robby was also going back to school today.

I was a nervous wreck when I walked into school.

-

My classes went by quickly and soon it was time for lunch. When I entered the cafeteria, I saw an open seat next to Miguel and Eli at the 'Cobra Kai Table'.

I walked over to them, but before I could sit down, another girl swooped in and took the seat.

"Oh sorry, were you gonna sit here?" She laughed.

I had never seen her before.

"Blair, this is Tory. She's new to Cobra Kai" Miguel explained.

"Oh-"

"Wait- as in Blair Lawrence. Aren't you the girl who joined the two rival dojo's?"

I hung my head in shame. Was that my new reputation?

"Like hell you're gonna sit here" she laughed as she kicked her feet up on the table.

"Tori stop-" Eli started to say.

"It's fine, I'll go sit somewhere else"

I made my way over to the table where Sam, Robby, and Demitri were sitting. I sunk into my chair immediately and rested my head on the table.

"They hate me" I admitted.

Robby began to pat my back as Sam spoke up, "They don't hate you"

I picked my head up, "they hate me"

"Get used to it" Demitri added.

"Thanks" I sarcastically said.

"Who's the new girl?" Sam asked.

"Tori, apparently she just joined Cobra Kai"

"She's probably your replacement" Demitri said.

Sam kicked him from under the table at his comment. He wasn't exactly helpful when it came to cheering people up.

-

The day finally ended and we headed home. As Sam entered the driveway, I received a text. It was from my dad.

D: Can we talk? Meet me at the dojo in 30?

When Robby exited the car, I showed Sam the text.

"We're not going down this road again"

"Sam, I have to talk to him, he's my dad"

She sighed, "At least tell my dad the truth. We promised each other now more secrets"

She was right.

We headed inside and dropped off our school things. Before we ran back out to the car, I spoke to Mr. LaRusso.

"What's up kiddo?" He asked.

"My dad wants to talk to me"

He took a deep breath in and was figuring out what to do with this information.

"What do you wanna do?" He asked.

"I'd like to talk to him"

"Then I'll drive" he smiled as he got his keys.

This made me happy. He was willing to help me patch up my relationship with my dad after all the shit my family had put him through. I told Sam about her plans and she decided to stay home.

-

We arrived at the dojo and I could hear my heart racing. Just looking at the dojo made me nervous.

"It's ok, I'll be out here if you need anything" Mr. LaRusso assured me.

I gave him a nod before heading in. When I entered the dojo, it looked empty.

"Hello?" I called out. "Dad?"

Who came out of the office was not my dad. It was Kreese.

"Where's my dad?"

"He's at home"

I guess Kreese used my dads phone to text me. He knew it was the only way he would get me to talk to him. He was sneaky and I fucking hated him for that.

I heard a few grunts coming from the back room. Eli was training with Miguel.

"You miss them, don't you?"

"Yes" I admitted.

"You could come back"

"No I can't"

"And why is that?"

"My dad doesn't want me"

"Who said he needed to know"

"What?"

"You could train under me, when you're ready, then we'll show your dad your progress."

I looked back to the back room and then back out to Mr. LaRusso. I couldn't go down this road again, not without telling someone the truth. I was willing to do anything to get my family back together. My dad was my best friend and I hated being away from him. I was even willing to train with the shittiest person in the world for him.

"What time should I be here tomorrow?"

He flashed a wicked smile before saying, "8pm, right after closing. I'll bring a few of your friends by so you don't feel so lonely"

I hated this idea, but it was worth a shot. If I didn't like it, I would be quitting.

I headed back out to the car and sighed.

"How'd it go?" Mr. LaRusso asked.

"He wasn't in there"

"Then who did you talk to- shit" when he realized who I talked to, he began to get out of the car. I quickly grab onto his sleeve.

"Please don't"

He sunk back into his seat.

"You gonna tell me what happened?"

"He wants to train me and eventually bring me back. He thinks it'll help fix my relationship with my dad"

"That's bullshit"

"I know he's bad news, but what other choice do I have?"

"You stick with us"

"Mr. LaRusso, I love Miyagi-Do with all my heart, but I need to at least try to fix things with my dad and if that means having to work with Kreese, I'm willing to do it."

He sighed, "Just know, you'll always have a place in Miyagi-Do waiting for you" he smiled before driving home.

A/n - Thanks for all the love on this story. I have a lot more that I'm excited to share with you all. Here's a picture that I found of Jacob today that isn't helping my obsession.....

 Here's a picture that I found of Jacob today that isn't helping my obsession