Chapter Twenty Four

I will admit, it hasn't been easy training in both Cobra Kai and Miyagi-Do, let alone trying to keep it a secret. Kreese was starting to get suspicious of my plans and Miguel still hated my guts. Luckily, my shoulder healed quickly and everything was back to normal for the most part. There was still a little bit of pain at times, but I could handle it. I'm also happy to say that Robby and I are finally starting to get along though. That was really one of the only things that were going well at the moment.

I didn't like having Kreese in the dojo, he was only making things worse. He's brainwashing all of my friends and even my dad.

-

We were back at the junkyard for our training. I didn't know what my dad had planned for us today. He was making all of us mix cement for some weird ass reason. Miguel was working with another group while Eli and I worked together.

"Sensei, why are we mixing cement?" Miguel asked as well all continued to grunt in frustration.

"No questions" he replied.

He told us to keep stirring as he headed over to talk to Kreese.

"How's your project going with Sam?"

I continued to spy on Kreese and my dad, not even noticing that Eli was talking to me.

"Blair!"

"Yes?" I say as I was snapped back to reality.

"I asked how your project was going with Sam"

"Oh- uh, it's uh, it's coming" I smiled.

"And what class did you say it was for again? We have a lot of the same classes, I think I would know about a project"

"Oh, its uh- extra credit" I lied. "We both thought we could use the extra points"

"Cool"

I felt bad about lying to him, he was one of my closest friends, maybe even a little more.

Suddenly, we all heard a loud horn blow. It was a giant cement truck. What the hell was my dad up to now?

The driver exited the vehicle before handing the keys over to him. We all looked over at each other in confusion, even Miguel passed me a concerned look. I was just happy that he even looked at me at all.

My dad and Kreese made their way over to us.

"You think winning the All Valley gives you the right to goof off? Well, I got news for you. Winning one championship don't mean squat. A true champion never stops training. You gotta keep moving forward, or else you'll get stuck exactly where you are. It's like the cement in this truck. If that drum doesn't start turning, the cement inside with harden, and get stuck. Is that what you want to happen?" My dad asked.

"No Sensei!"

"Good. Then climb up, get inside, and make it spin."

We were all left in shock. None of us wanted to do this. As dangerous as it was, I forced myself to do it. Kreese was questioning my loyalty, if I didn't do something as insane as this, I might never gain his trust and soon enough, my dad would be questioning me.

I quickly stepped forward and began to climb up the ladder.

"Glad to see the Lawrence name is living up to its potential" Kreese complimented.

Before I could get inside, I felt someone grab my hand, Miguel.

"Please don't do this" he begged me. "Sensei, this seems dangerous. I mean, the fumes alone-"

"Quiet!" Kreese shouted. "This man lead you to the mountaintop and you question him? Look at you, look at all of you. I can't believe this pathetic pack of pussies competed in the All Valley, and let alone won. It's an absolute miracle. And you know who's responsible for that miracle? Johnny Lawrence. The best student in the history of Cobra Kai. My student"

I could see what he was doing. Buttering up my dad so he can keep his job. Fuck it was sad. In all reality, Kreese didn't give two shits about my dad.

"You were Sensei's sensei?" Eli asked.

"You better believe it kid. And I tell you I've never trained a tougher student in my whole life? So if you know what's good for you, you better listen to ever goddamn word he says."

Kreese's words were powerful and managed to drag Eli, Miguel and a few others into the truck with me.

I managed to get in with no problem. When I turned around, I saw that both Miguel and Hawk had fallen into the cement. I let out a small laugh.

"Oh shut up" they teased as they got back up.

My dad peaked his head in to see our progress.

"Don't just stand there. You wanna get stuck? Move!"

We all began to push against the walls of the truck. It was a lot harder than we anticipated. For a while, nothing was happening.

"Come on. Let's get pushing." Miguel added.

"What do you think we're trying to do?!" I said in frustration.

"Let's go guys, move it!" My dad yelled from the outside.

We continued to give our all, but still, nothing happened. I was starting to doubt my dads ideas.

"Push!" Eli grunted.

Suddenly, the truck started to spin. It was working.

"All right. There we go, there we go!" My dad yelled. "A little bit faster!"

We were all groaning in pain. With Miguel on my right and Eli on my left, I could feel myself getting slightly distracted. I slightly slipped and thankfully they both grabbed onto me just in time.

"Thanks" I smiled

"No problem" Eli smiled.

"Don't mention it" Miguel added.

They both shared a disgusted grin with each other. I guess me mentioning Eli forfeiting for me must have created some tension between them.

"You got this guys, keep going!" My dad encouraged.

"All right! Faster! Faster! Faster!" We all screamed.

I could hear my dad growing with excitement as he continued to cheer us on. Soon enough, the other students started to cheer as well.

-

When we finished with our training inside the cement truck, we all headed outside. My dad began to hose us down. It felt a little stupid at first, but it turned out to be refreshing.

"You should all be proud of yourselves. I know I'm proud. Your parents would be proud, too, if you told them what we did here today, which we won't. You pushed forward like champions. Never stopping. Never being satisfied. Never giving up. And if you keep pushing and keep moving forward, you're gonna go to places you never even dreamed of." He said as he smiled at me, right before splashing me in the face with the hose.

I squealed in surprise and began to dodge the hose by hiding in the crowd, my dad quickly found me again though. I hid behind Eli at first and my dad ended up spraying him more than me. When Eli had enough, he brought me out from behind him and held me in front of him, making me a clear target for my dad.

"How is this fair?!"

Soon enough the rest of the students joined in by holding me down as my dad laughed his head off at me drowning in the water.