40: troublemaker

" Is this you?"

Aera reached her hand to his face and looked at him into his eyes. He showed her a smile and pinched her cheek. Aera smiled at him too, knowing it was him.

" I was searching for you, and I thought you didn't come."

Jake wrapped his arm around her shoulder and they walked out from the jungle together.
"How can I let my princess go to this kind of place alone?"

"Never in my life, I want to stay apart from you." Aera lowered her head as she felt embarrassed at his words.

"Do you miss me?"

"Why should I miss you? We were already breaking up." Jake stopped on his way and turned her shoulder to make her look at him.

"But we still love each other."

Aera smiled at him,
"Will we end up together, Jake?"

"We will end up together." I promise."
Jake lowered his knee and looked at her happily,

"Get on my back."

"No, Jake. What if people see us?" Jake chuckled at her. "So, let them know about us."

"Come on. Get on my back." Aera just nodded and got on his back. Jake walked, searched for the red flag to leave the place while Aera was just resting her head on his shoulder and shutting her eyes because she was scared.

Jake noticed her action and just laughed,
"Are you scared?"

"Do you think I'm not scared? It's almost 1 in the morning, Jake. A lot of the-" Aera shut her mouth and cursed at herself for mentioning that name.

"A lot of ghosts?" Jake teased her.

"Stop it. What if they hear us?" Aera tucked her head on his back and shut her eyes.
"Ghost ghost ghost."

"Jake."

"Ghost, Aera is calling for you."

"Jake, stop joking."

"I just saw the one without a head, Aera."
Jake said causing Aera to screamed. He laughed at her, making the almost teared up. She bit his shoulder hard, and it made Jake groan in hurt.

"I'm just kidding!"

"It's not funny, stupid. I hate you." Aera said in sobbing.

"Oh, why are you crying?" Jake stopped.

"It's all your fault."

"Don't cry. I'm with you." Jake held her tighter and continued walking.

"Let me sing to you," Jake said and started singing First Love by Nikka Costa. Aera just tucked her head on his embrace and listened to his beautiful voice.

"I love you, Aera."

Aera hummed and yawned, felt sleepy.

" I love you, princess."

"Why do you always call me that way?" Aera asked him and yawned.

"Because you're my only girl."

Aera shut her eyes, "I'm sorry for burdening you a lot, Jake."

"Don't apologize to me, Aera. I will do everything for you."

Jake was confused when she didn't give any response. He stopped on his way and looked at her face. He chuckled when she was already sleeping on his back.

"What are you doing here?" Jake stopped and fake smiled when he saw Jay and Sunghoon.

"Because we were supposed to be here," Jake replied and was about to leave, but Jay stopped him.