17 : hate

Aera fixed her hair, get ready to sweat today as she received a penalty from the principal to run around the school track for 15 laps. It sounds bad to do it to a girl but Aera was good with it since she wanted this to happen. She felt better now, didn't feel any guilt about Jake anymore as she was satisfied after telling everything to the teacher although she knew her name might get cancel soon by the other teachers since they were strict when it came to discipline.

" Aera." She almost screamed when Sunghoon suddenly showed himself.

" I will do this. It's my fault, Aera. Please-"

" It's okay, Sunghoon. Don't always burden yourself with me. I'm okay with this." Aera smiled and bid him a goodbye when Mr. Kang called for her.

-

" Oh, those stupid faces again." Jake sighed, spotted Yebin, Jay, and Sunghoon were talking while blocking the front door. Jake supposed to go to the principal room as he got called by Mr. Kang but he straight to the classroom first because he wanted to take something that he left under his desk but after he saw them, he felt annoyed because he didn't want to talk or meet them by leaving the place real quick but badly, they already caught him.

" Hey!" Yebin called for him and ran towards him, stopping Jake from leaving.

" Move" Yebin shook her head and smiled. " You came again." She said to him.

" I don't want to come but that old man forced me to. I don't even want to see your face."

" Do you know the reason you need to come then?" Jay approached him, waited for him to respond. Jake made an annoying face, " I don't know and I don't want to know."

" Leave me alone. We are not friends. So, don't act comfortable around me." Jake said seriously and bumped into Jay's shoulder hardly before leaving them hanging.

" You should be thankful to Aera." Sunghoon finally spoke up.

As Jake heard that name, he immediately stopped. " Why should I?" Jake asked back.

" The teacher canceled your suspended from school because of her." Jake didn't give any reaction but clenched his fist.

" Aera was begging to the principal and Mr. Kang and admitted everything she did that day. She said that you didn't do anything wrong and just wanted to protect her." Jay said.

" Aera was offering herself to get the penalty because she wanted to save you," Yebin said too causing Jake madder.

Jake turned his body to face Sunghoon. " Why don't you stop her, bastard? Did you just let her get the penalty when you were the reason this thing happened?"

Sunghoon sighed, " I tried to. She didn't allow me."

" That girl is really stupid," Jake said and left again.

" So, do you just want to let her get the penalty?" Sunghoon asked Jake.

" Why? Did you expect me to be like the main character in every drama? Where the hero run to save the girl he loved from getting-"

" The girl he loved?" Sunghoon cut him off.

Jake rolled his eyes, " Shut the f-"

" Start again !"

They immediately shut their mouth and went to the corridors when they heard Mr. Kang's voice from the school track. They were shocked to see Mr. Kang with Aera there and decided to watch the scene.

Jake was still there and watched Aera seriously.

Aera gasped for breathing, placed her hand on her thighs as she felt exhausted for running too much. She had done her 5 laps but Mr. Kang, that old man never let her breathe happily. He found her little mistake and always told her to start from the first la and now, it's the third time he told her to start but she didn't give any complaint and just followed his words.