38: I miss you

"Sunghoon, it's my bread!"

Sunghoon stuck out his tongue to tease Aera and ran around the place with his arm raised high, so Aera couldn't take her bread from him.

"What's wrong with you?! I need to go home. What if I miss the bus?"

" Then, go out with me!"

" Stop talking nonsense. I want my bread back!"

Sunghoon grabbed his bag and left the classroom, ignoring everyone who was telling them to shut up. Aera became mad because she was starving to eat that red bean bread for a long time. She can't let go of him this time. So, she ran to chase him.

" Give to me back!" Aera kicked Sunghoon on his leg, causing him fell and groaned in pain.
" Don't mess with a woman when it comes to food!" She grabbed the bread and hit him on his head before running back to the classroom to take her bag.

Jay and Yebin saw that scene and teased Sunghoon instead of helping him.

-

  As she stepped into the classroom,  she suddenly bumped into someone's chest and almost fell onto the floor, but the person quickly caught her hand.

Aera rubbed her head and thanked the person for helping her. She opened her eyes and finally realized it was Jake. He was still holding her hand tightly. He looked around the place, make sure Mr. Kang wasn't there.

" Thank you, Jake," Aera said nervously and tried to let go of her hand from him.

" Bump into me again."

" Why..?"

" Just do it."

" I want to go home."

Jake sighed and looked into her eyes,
" Bump into me, princess."

Her heart suddenly beats faster when she heard that nickname again. It's been a long time since she didn't get called that way by Jake, and it made her happy, but she needed to hide her happiness since both of them were already breaking up.

Aera finally nodded while Jake was taking a step back into the classroom, so people from outside couldn't see what they were doing.

" Come to me," Jake said and waited for Aera to bump into him.

Aera looked around the place and took a deep breath when everyone in the hallway was already gone from her vision. She shut her eyes and ran towards him, causing her to bump into him.

She almost fell again, but Jake quickly wrapped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her into a warm hug,

Jake stroke her hair and pulled her closer, showing her how much he missed being like this with her. He rested his head on her shoulder and smiled in pain,

"I miss this."

" Hug me back, Aera."

"Jake, this is wrong-"

" Don't you miss me?"

Aera didn't reply to him and just let him hug her. Deep in her heart, she felt really happy as she could feel his warm touch again. She misses him so much, and she wanted to stay with him longer.

"I miss you, Aera."

" Jake, you will make trouble," Aera said and tried to push him. She felt really bad to do that to him- Never in her life, she wanted him to stay away from her.

"I miss you."

Aera tucked her head on his embrace and finally hugged him back, making Jake smiled.
" I wish I could stay with you longer."