31: protect

a/n:
6 chapters left👀

-

" Why did you do that?" Sunghoon asked Jake while raising his arm, holding the bunch of books strongly as it was his penalty.

Jake did his penalty too and ignored Sunghoon who was standing next to him.

" I asked you."

" I will give you 10 dollars. So, shut up." Jake replied rudely.

" Why did you untied your necktie? I saw you wore it before."

" How about 100 dollars? Is it enough?"
Jake threw the books on the floor and took out his wallet, gave 200 dollars to Sunghoon before walking out to leave the room.

" I don't need your 200 dollars." Sunghoon threw the money causing Jake to stop on his way and turned his body to face Sunghoon.

" 100 dollars to shut your mouth and 100 dollars more as a sign of thank you for protecting Aera."

" Protecting her is a must in my life. Even before you came to this school, I always protect her. So, don't act like you are her boyfriend."
Sunghoon said.

" Congratulation, you're the first one who knows about this." Jake smiled causing Sunghoon to confused.

" She is my girlfriend. We started dating yesterday."

" Do you think I believe your nonsense?"

" Ask Aera then."

" I like her first, Jake. I love her first. It's impossible if she falls for you."

Jake smirked,
" I told you to confess but what did you do? You didn't take a step forwards and were just watching her in silence. Do you think you will
get her in that way? You had a lot of chances to confess but you missed it. So, don't mad at me
for taking her first."

" I'm not a coward like you. When I started to have a feeling for her, I didn't hesitate to confess. I didn't watch her from far like you always did. So, don't blame me and stay away from her."

" She said to me that she likes Jay," Sunghoon said to Jake.

" She likes me now," Jake replied shortly and took a step to leave.

" No. I don't want to believe it until she says it to me."

" Fine," Jake said before leaving the room for real.

-

Jake walked through the hallways and stopped when he saw Aera was standing in the corridor. He smiled and quickly wore a poker face as he was still sulking at her because she was ignoring him earlier. As Aera saw him, he walked past her causing her surprise.

Aera sighed heavily and pouted her lips, looking at the strawberry milk that she bought for him. She was skipping the class because she felt worried about them and now, Jake didn't want to talk to her. It made her felt downhearted.

She went towards the discipline room to meet Sunghoon and was about to greet Sunghoon but Jake suddenly appeared and held her hand, dragged her away from the place.

They went to the rooftop, the place that people often used to date.

Jake locked the door and held her hand.

" What are you doing to do earlier?"

" I was going to meet Sunghoon..."

Jake became annoyed and rolled his eyes,
" Why did you want to meet him? You have me now."