42: I found you

"I don't want to take the CSAT anymore."
Aera said with tears rolling on her cheeks. She was still lying on the bed, facing the ceiling instead of looking at the teacher who was talking to her.

"But you were working so hard for this-"

"Then, do you want me to see them again after everything happened? Do you think I will
be able to stay calm and relax?" Aera cut off the teacher and lost her temper when the teacher was still asking her to take the CSAT since it was an important examination for college entrance.

"You never think of my feeling. You never ask me whether I am okay or not." Aera clenched her fist and quickly covered her body with the blanket, telling the teacher to leave her.

"I want to get a full treatment at my hometown.  and stay there. I don't want to study at college. I just need a break to make me feel good again." Aera spoke up.

"Aera, you should get into college and get a quality job-"

"I have my way. Don't you dare to share my personal information with everyone, or I will come again and do the same thing that happened at the school earlier?"

-

  After eating the medicine, Aera decided to take fresh air by leaving the building. She walked through the hallway and ignored those people who were asking about her condition as she looked pale and sick.

Aera suddenly stopped when she saw Jay and Yebin were talking to Sunghoon in the room. She looked at them through the window and teared up when the scene broke her heart. Sunghoon was smiling and laughing again although he just had surgery a few hours ago.
Sunghoon was rubbing his stomach gently as it was hurting when he was laughing too much.

Yebin saw Aera and patted Sunghoon on his shoulder.
Sunghoon and Jay saw her and smiled and called her to be with them, but she quickly ran away.

"Aera, wait for me."

Aera fastened her steps when she realized that Jay was running towards her.

"Aera."

"Stop there."

Aera ignored him and ran into the empty room. She locked it and listened to Jay carefully as he was leaning his body against the door.

"Aera, do you know how much we miss you?"

"I miss your smile and laugh."

"I miss the old version of you."

"I miss the sweetest and prettiest girl, Aera."

"So, can you open the door for me?"

Aera took a deep breath and wiped her tears,
"Jay."

"Yes?"

"Stay away from me. Leave me alone if you want to live happily."

"I refused to do this," Jay replied coldly.

"I don't want to be your friend anymore.
I don't want to have any interaction with all of you. Just forget my existence. It's between the three of you now."

Jay knocked at the door,
"Aera, what are you talking about?"

"So, stop approaching me. I'm protecting all of you."

-

  Aera was allowed to go home today. Tomorrow will be the examination day, and she decided to stop everything, just wanted to live in her hometown and work there forever without anyone knowing. All of her efforts to go into college were useless, and she didn't feel any regret for doing that.