37 : meals

thank you for 7k votes💓😍

disclaimer❗️❗️
-the personalities of characters that were mentioned in this chapter are not related to their real life.
-

" Thank you, Jake."

Jake ignored his classmates and continued doing his work. His father bought a lot of food and drinks for his classmates as an apology for what Jake did before, and it made everyone happy because they didn't need to buy the food at the cafeteria anymore.

Suddenly, Sunghoon came and greeted him by taking the pen from his hand. Jake titled his head and looked at Sunghoon seriously.

" Leave me alone. I don't want to talk to anyone today.

" This class has 24 students, but why were there only 23 meals? "

" I don't know. Why did you ask me? I don't even plan to do this."

" One of us would not get the meal-"

" Then, let the person starving." Jake sighed and was about to plucking his ear pods.

" Do you have the extra? Aera didn't receive it. We searched for her name in the list, but her name is not included." Jay approached Jake too.

Jake lowered his gaze and clenched his fist because he knew that his father did this on purpose. He looked at Aera who was looking at her classmates who were enjoying their food jealously. It was Jjampong & strawberry milk, her favorites.

Jake gave his food & drink to Sunghoon,
" Give this to her. Don't let her starve."

" Thank you," Sunghoon replied and took the food. Jay went towards Aera and was surprised when Mr. Kang went into the classroom.

" Jake's father is such a kind-hearted man. He decided to sponsor your breakfast and lunchtime until the end of school. So, let's thank Jake for this." Mr. Kang said and everyone clapped their hands to Jake while he was just holding his anger.

Sunghoon came towards Aera and gave the food to her. Aera was happy to receive it and was about to eat it, but Mr. Kang stopped her.

" As you can see, the list of names that will get the meal from Jake's family is on the board. To the name that didn't include, you are not allowed to eat it and just buy the meal at the cafeteria."

Aera's smile immediately faded away. She looked at the meal for a long time and put it away.

She gave it to Sunghoon,
" My name is not included..."

" But, Jake gave this to you."

" I'm not allowed to eat it..."

" It's okay. Jake has the power to allow you."

" No-"

" The only name that didn't include here is Song Aera." Mr. Kang said causing everyone to look at her.

" Aera, you know what to do, right?"

Aera bit her lips and lowered her gaze.
She smiled at Mr. Kang,
" Yes. Thank you for reminding me."

After Mr. Kang left the classroom, Jake secretly took a glance at Aera.

She pouted her lips and just sighed with his eyes still fixed on the meal.

She stood up from her seat,
" I will go to the cafeteria. Enjoy your meals."

She said and left the classroom while avoiding everyone's gaze on her.

-

She was eating alone at the cafeteria and tried to think positively about what happened earlier.

" They accidentally forgot to put my name on the list."