25: betrayal

" It's already late. We should go home now." Sunghoon spoke up and arranged all of the things while Jay was cleaning everything in the hall. Yebin was calling for Jake, as usual, to ask him to bring her to her house but he didn't give any response and rejected her call instead. Meanwhile, Aera was drinking her strawberry milk as her throat was sore for singing too much. She took out the mirror from her bag, and also lipstick. She looked at her lips through the mirror and suddenly became embarrassed when the moment of Jake's lips placed on hers crossed her mind again.

She shut her eyes and sighed heavily.
Sunghoon saw that and smiled, he held her hand tightly before dragging her out from the hall.

"How many times do you want to hold my hand?"

Sunghoon shook his head,
" I don't know. I will hold it until death separates us."

Aera laughed and pushed him,
" You're so dramatic."

" It would be nice if I can hold it every day like every couple did."

Aera confused again,
" Then, go date, someone. You have a lot of fans."

" I'm waiting for you to open your heart for me," Sunghoon replied and smiled at her.

"I like you, Song Aera."

" I want you to be part of my life."

Aera stopped from walking and faced Sunghoon.
" Sunghoon, it's not that I hate you. I will never hate you. I like you too."

Sunghoon smiled, " Really?"

" I like you not more than a friend." Aera pouted her lips as she felt guilty.

Sunghoon suddenly laughed and pinched her cheeks, " I'm just kidding, Aera."

" Don't be like this."

" Park Sunghoon, you make me feel bad."
Aera hit him on his chest hardly.

" No. I'm just kidding. Don't feel bad. I just want to tease you."

Aera nodded and put her hand on the pocket.
Jay helped Yebin with the crutches and after that, they walked through the hallway together.

Aera looked at her watch and it showed 8 at night. She approached Sunghoon,
" I miss the bus. I need to wait for another bus again at 9 pm. Should I just take a taxi?"

Sunghoon shook, " I will send you to your house then."

" No, Sunghoon. We lived in a different neighborhood. I don't want to burden you again."

" It's okay, Aera. I will do everything for you."

" Sunghoon.."

" Go with me, okay?"

Aera nodded.

The place suddenly turned black causing Yebin and Aera to scream. Sunghoon quickly took out his phone and turned on the flashlight.

" I will search a place to switch on the light again," Sunghoon said.

"I will take care of them, "Jay replied and watched Sunghoon left the place.

Yebin was reaching her hand to Jay but he went towards Aera and grabbed her closer to him.

" Stay here," Jay said and took out his phone, turned on the flashlight too.