32: disapprove

disclaimer ❗️
the personalities of characters that were mentioned in this chapter are not related to their real life.

-

" Everything will be okay. Don't cry."

Aera sniffed her nose and took a tissue from Sunghoon to wipe her tears. She leaned her back against the wall, waiting for permission to meet Jake who was in the room with a group of doctors. She can't help but felt guilty for dragging him to the hall and didn't listen to his explanation first. If she was just listening to him, she knew this would not happen.

" It's my fault." Aera blamed herself again.

" No. It's not your fault. It's an accident. The spotlight was broken for a long time ago and-"

"I dragged him to that place. It's my fault."

At the same time, Jay arrived at the place and headed towards them with a paper bag in his hand. He sighed heavily when he looked at her condition, her make-up was messing up and her dress was stained by blood making everyone threw a glance at her as they were scared and surprised to see that.

" I bought these clothes for you and there are some foods and drinks here."

Jay held her hand and gave her the paper bag,
" Change your clothes, Aera. I will call you when the doctor comes out."

" Yes, go change your clothes. We will wait for you here."

Aera finally respond to them and went to the restroom while crying in sobbing causing everyone to look at her weirdly.

-

" Let's go home. You should take a rest."

Aera shook her head, " I want to stay here."

" Aera, you need to go to school."

" I will go home by myself," Aera replied with her eyes shut tightly.

" At this hour? We didn't know when the doctor will permit us to meet him. He was in bad condition right now and I don't think the treatment will be done in an hour or two hours."Jay said, hoping for Aera to just listen to her words but that girl was stubborn and wanted to stay because she wanted to meet Jake and told him how guilty she was for putting him into this trouble.

" Let's go, Jay." Sunghoon wrapped his arm around Jay's shoulder.

" What? I thought we will gonna go home together."

" Let Aera stay with him. It will make her feel better."

Sunghoon fixed his eyes on Aera,
" Call us when you need help. We will come to you."

-

Aera looked at her watch and it almost midnight but the doctor still didn't allow her to meet him. She went towards the door, opened it slowly, and just watched him in that way.

Jake was lying on the bed, still shut his eyes tight, and didn't give any response to awake while the doctors were talking to the nurse.

She fixed her eyes on Jake with her teary eyes, holding herself from letting out any sound. So, she can look at him longer.

" Jake, please wake up."