48: the end

long chapter~

-

Sunghoon stopped in the hallway, surprised when he saw Jake and Aera were hugging each other while crying in sobbing. He gasped for breath as he was exhausted from searching for her and his heart was more hurting when he saw the scene.

The moment that he wished would never happen in his life, just showing in front of him now.

The ring from his hand fell on the ground, rolling, and ended up losing from his sight. Sunghoon patted his chest and loss of his words-

"I'm almost making her mine."He said in a whispering tone and turned his body away, leaving the place without greeting Jake, his ex-classmate that everyone thought had already passed away.

He thought that he would get her that night but it ruined up-

Sunghoon took a step to leave, went far away from his house, and left his party without any doubt.

Aera pouted her lips, holding her tears when her eyes met Jake again. She couldn't believe that it was happening. The thing that she thought she was hallucinating and dreaming were happened.

Jake laughed when he saw her crying face,
"Why are you crying? I'm here with you."

Aera hit Jake on his chest,
"Do you think this is funny? You left me for 5 years and made me believed that you had already passed away. Everyone was bad-mouthing about me, telling me that I was a murderer. I was living like a hell without you."

"Why would you believe that? It's just back pain. It's not that critical."

"I hate you for making me changed into this way."Aera hit Jake again but he stopped her by holding her hand. He gently wrapped his arm around her shoulder, locking her head and messed her hair-

"Is this how you greet me? Did you tell me that you hate me? after a long time?"

Aera shouted, telling Jake to let go of her but he ignored her, still messing her hair. She took a chance to tease him by tickling his stomach
because she knew that tickle was his weakness-
Jake shouted too, "Aera, stop it!"
He whizzed, trying to put her hand away, and ended up laughing along with her.

"I still hate you for leaving me alone."Aera
fixed her hair and clothes, leaving Jake alone while holding her laughter.

Jake just shook his head, knowing that her personality never changed since the first day he met her.

Jake changed his clothes, placing the mascot away, and went to the party.

As he stepped into the party, everyone stopped
from minding their own business and watched Jake surprisingly. They were surprised and confused to see him because they thought that he was already passed away. They gave space to Jake, avoiding him because they were still scared of him, especially the moment Jake almost ended someone's life by choking the throat in the classroom. That was the day that they were really afraid of him.

Jay and Yebin saw him too and surprised,
"How did you-"

"It's been a long time." Jake greeted them.

He took a glance at Yebin,
"I deserve an apology from you."

Yebin lowered her gaze and became nervous when the moment she kissed him at the school festival crossed her mind. The fact that she was also the reason behind the accident. If she didn't kiss him that night, Aera would not misunderstand Jake and the accident probably would never happen.