18: bike

Aera looked at her watch and realized it was time to go home but she decided to stay longer as her eyes were puffy and red after crying because of Jake's words before. She didn't want everyone to see her ugly face, so that's why. She sniffed her nose when she saw him again at the parking lot. Jake grabbed his helmet and started his bike while ignoring everyone amazed to see his visual and bad boy's vibes, as soon as he started the engine, he drove it full speed and made everyone screamed as he tried to knock them off.

" He is a bad guy." Aera wiped her tears and surprised when she heard the sound of someone knocking on the door.

Knock Knock

She turned her body to the door and wiped her tears again when Sunghoon was waving his hand to her, showing her strawberry milk with a sweet smile. He opened the door and approached Aera, teasing her by messing her hair.

" What's wrong with that puffy face?"

He asked her softly and put the straw on her drink before passing it to her. Aera drank it silently and rubbed her eyes with her sleeve, holding herself from crying. Sunghoon can't help but melt to see how adorable she was. " Why are you crying?"

" If you ask me why I am crying, it will make me cry more."

Aera burst into tears and covered her face with her palm.

" Oh no. What should I do? I make a girl cry." Sunghoon chuckled and bend his body to her height. Aera hates him for teasing her, so she hit him on his chest but Sunghoon just laughed and wrapped his arm around her shoulder, dragged her out of the room.

" Don't cry."

Their steps immediately stopped when they saw Jake.

Aera was confused as she thought Jake had already left with his bike before. Jake ran hurriedly towards the music room without realizing Aera and Sunghoon were watching him from the treatment room. Sunghoon looked at Aera,

" Why does he look anxious?"

" Did something bad happen to Yebin?" Aera asked Sunghoon anxiously and ran to the music room.

-

Jake went into the huge room and switched on the light while searching for someone.

He walked around the place,

"Where are you, stupid girl?"

Jake gasped for breathing and kicked all of the doors that connected with other rooms that used to place all of the musical instruments. He saw a familiar body on the floor, crying in hurt. Jake switched on the light and ran toward the body anxiously. He put the trumpet away as it fell on the person's legs-

" Aera, what the hell are you doing?"

"Stop making trouble!"

Jake said angrily and placed her on his lap.

He looked at her and was surprised when it was Yebin.

" Jake, you are finally here," Yebin said to him weakly.

" You told me that Aera accidentally locked herself in this room.."

Yebin sighed, " I want you to come but I know you will never come if it's not because of Aera."

" I'm sorry, Jake. I didn't mean to lie. I need your help."

Yebin groaned in pain when he pushed her away.

" Yebin, are you okay?" Aera and Sunghoon came, surprised to see Jake.

Yebin cried and groaned in pain as her ankle became hurt.

" I will take her bags. Jake, carry Yebin on your back and go to the school gate. Aera, call the teacher or search for a taxi nearby. I will be back in 10 minutes."

Jake sighed heavily and carried Yebin on his back while Aera was following him from behind.

-

" Jake, there is the taxi !" Aera pointed her finger to the taxi but Jake ignored her and ran to the parking lot instead.

" Jake, what are you doing?" Aera asked him anxiously.

Jake wore his helmet and stole a helmet from other students, wore it on Yebin.

Yebin stood up carefully, holding Jake's bike to support her balance. Then, he started the engine and got on his bike while Aera was helping Yebin.

" But, Jake. This is dangerous."

" Hug me tightly." Yebin nodded as a response to Jake, hugging him tightly.

" Jake, be careful.."

At the same time, Jay arrived with his bike too. He looked at Yebin anxiously, asking Aera what was happening.

" Let's talk about this later," Jake replied and was about to ride away but he stopped when Jay gave a helmet to Aera.

" Let's go, Aera."

" But Sunghoon is still-"

Jay wore the helmet on her. " He will follow us soon."

Aera nodded and finally saw Sunghoon.

Sunghoon was surprised to see Aera with Jay. He ran closer-

" Jay, where do you want to"

" We have no time for this." Jake cut off.

Sunghoon rolled his eyes and went toward his bike too, ride it at full speed, leaving his friends behind.

Aera looked at Jake and he glared at her.

Jay patted her shoulder, " Let's go."

She nodded and got on the bike nervously.

" Hug me tightly."

" Yes-?"

" Hug me." Jay held her hand and wrapped it around his waist before riding his bike, leaving Jake and Yebin behind.

Jake bit his lips and followed Jay from behind.

Yebin tucked her face on his back, hugged him tighter.

" Thank you, Jake."

" Shut up."

" Thank you for helping me," Yebin said.

" I know you are a great man." She continued.

" My wish come true. I'm happy to be with you."

Jake ignored her and watched Aera was hugging Jay tightly.

All of sudden, Jake fasten his bike and horned them causing them surprised.

Without feeling any guilt, he ride away and left them behind.