𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎: 𝚂𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝!

"Are you ready, or should I talk about about how great you are some more? I can do it for hours you know." I chuckled softly as I moved one of my hands to hold onto Takami's wrist, his hand still holding my neck softly. "Or we can kiss again, either works for me—" he leaned in more as I pulled away, amused.

"I think I'm ready to fly."

"Are you sure you're sure, because I can totally reassure you if needed," he said as he went in for another kiss but was stopped when I laughed and put my finger against his lips.

"I'm sure lover boy," I said, moving my finger to quickly peck his lips with my own.

He smiled at me and kissed me again before taking a few steps back.

"Okay. Do your thing."

I submerged into my headspace, clicking my personal file and opening up "quirks."

Opening up Takami's quirk, I paused.

Now or never.

I selected 'active.'

Blinking, I saw Hawks in front of me.

"Well?"

"It's active, but it might take a moment since it's a mutant quirk and my body has to make bones, give a second."

He nodded and waited, both of us staying silent.

A searing pain ripped through my back and I screamed in pain.

"(Y/N)!"

Takami held me up before I could fall to my knees, my head falling forward and hitting his shoulder. The pain continued for a moment, burning and scraping like an animal was trying to break through my skin.

"What's happening?" He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist to hold me up, "why are you screaming?"

The pain finally started to dull and I stopped screaming, resorting to gripping Takami's shoulders and panting.

"I think-" I gasped for air, "I think that was my body making bones."

"Holy shit," he breathed, and I felt his hot breath on my bare back.

"What?" I asked.

"Look, if I had known this would be painful, I wouldn't have done it, but— wow. Can- can you stand?"

I nodded into his shoulder and started to lean on my own feet instead of Takami's body. He helped me shift my weight, kissing my shoulder as reassurance.

Letting go of his shoulders as he let go of my waist, I leaned back from him.

Promptly falling backwards on my ass.

I yelped slightly as I hit the ground, shutting my eyes out of reflex. I heard Takami repress a laugh.

Something weighed me down.

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah just confused," I said, opening my eyes and turning back.

"Holy shit!" I yelled upon seeing brilliant red wings sprouting from my back.

I didn't expect to actually work!

Slowly, I reached out my left hand to touch my right wing, feeling the feathers unseen my fingertips.

"Woah," I breathed.

"Feather..." Takami trailed off and I looked over to find him smiling. "They look amazing on you."

"Amazing as they may be, I can't stand at the moment. How do you balance with these things?" I asked, trying to not look at the literal wings on my back.