𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎: 𝚆𝚑𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚖𝚊𝚍

Hitoshi and I didn't say a word as we toted Denki back to the apartment. We had to switch directions going down the stairs so the blood didn't run to his head, but other than that it was a smooth transport.

I used the time to think about the conversation Hitoshi and I had had. I had spilled my guts to him, told him things not even Chiharu knew about me. And she knew everything about me. Everything. High school was a wild ride for us.

Why had he asked about kids anyway? Making friendly conversation? I'm not sure.

Hitoshi led me to Denki's bedroom and we laid him down on his bed. He twisted and turned, getting used to the feeling of the mattress below him.

He eventually settled and cuddled into a body pillow. We giggled and left the room.

"Well, that was an adventure." I said, laughing as I spoke.

"It was that. He's always doing stupid stuff like that." Hitoshi said with a wave of his hand as if to brush Denki away. He wandered over to the cabinet, getting out two glasses.

"It's kind of refreshing though, isn't it? Living with Denki? It seems like a new adventure everyday."

"Somewhat." Hitoshi sighed, breaking the seal of the bottle I had brought. "It just gets tiring when he wants to go out for ice cream at three in the morning after I just got back from a shift."

"I still don't understand how you guys do it. Those crazy shifts. It's insane!" I praised, making Hitoshi smile.

What the hell. Why is his smile so perfect? Why? I don't understand.

"It gets tough, but it's worth it to know I'm helping people. To know I'm living my dream. Proving people wrong." He poured some liquid into the two glasses, a thin layer of it lying at the bottom.

I laughed his words.

"What?" He asked, smirking.

That's hot that's hot that's hot that's hot that's hot that's hot. Fuck that's hot.

"Just you. 'Proving people wrong.'" I said, smiling.

"What can I say?" Hitoshi said, shrugging, "I love being right." I laughed as he handed me a glass of liquor.

"Hear hear." I said, raising my glass. He clinked his against mine and we both sipped the alcohol.

It burned as it went down my throat, making me cough slightly.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" Denki said, emerging from the hallway rubbing his eye with the back of his hand.

"Hey, that nap didn't last long." I said, smiling at the man as he walked towards us, sitting himself on the barstool beside me.

"I guess not. Sorry for falling asleep on you by the way." He said, laughing.

"It's fine, really. Hero work is taxing." I assured him, patting his shoulder.

"Still, that's not an excuse for me to fall asleep with guests over."

"It is in my book." We smiled at each other and he reached for the bottle. He leaned back on the chair legs, holding onto the counter for balance while opening a cabinet over his head.

I could see him falling so I put my hands on his back, pushing him back up. I got him a cup from the cabinet and set it on the counter.

"Thanks!" He exclaimed, winking at me. "I hope you and Hitoshi got on without the life of the party."

"We got on just fine without Sero, thank you." Hitoshi said, taking another sip of his drink.

Denki's mouth dropped open, hand flying to his chest. "Hitoshi, must you wound me so?"