𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚢-𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛

Hitoshi, Kamnari (who had asked that I call him Denki) and I sat around their living room, sipping our drinks. I listened as Denki told me about a rising villain organization.

"Maybe you could help us track them down with your awesome detective skills." He said.

"You have my number. I'm always available." I offered, sipping my water. He smiled, nodding.

"So, (Y/N)," Hitoshi said, cutting in before Denki could say anything else, "do they have a case for you when you get back to work?"

"No, they don't. They just finished one up, so I'll just be doing paperwork and maybe an overseas trip if needed. Then again, those are pretty rare." I answered. I just missed my office. Case or not, I was ecstatic at the thought of going back.

"You go overseas?" Denki asked. "For your job?"

"Sometimes." I answered. "Very rarely though. I have a friend in the FBI and occasionally I'll go over to consult on a case."

"What's America like?" Hitoshi asked, leaning back in his chair. "I've heard it's shit."

We all laughed and I shook my head. "It's not that bad. It's not perfect, not by a long shot. But it's way better than it was. After the initial riots in 2020, they got a bit better, but the takeover of government I think is what really shook them into shape. They've definitely gotten better, I will say that." I explained, crossing one leg over the other.

"That's so cool that you've actually been to America!" Denki exclaimed.

"For once I agree with Denki, it's pretty cool."

"I like to think so. But I think one of my favorite trips overseas was when I went to France and worked with some of the pro's there." I smiled at the memory of the hero's in France. They had a reputation around the world of being arrogant and cocky, but the ones I worked with just wouldn't stop complimenting me.

"Yo, no way! Did you work with Can't Stop Twinkling?" Denki asked, leaning towards me.

"I did, he's a very talented man."

"Wasn't he in your class?" Hitoshi asked Denki with a flick of his hand.

"Yeah he was! Yuga Aoyama!" Denki slapped his hand over his mouth at his words, Hitoshi putting his face in his hand. "I wasn't supposed to say that."

"Idiot." Hitoshi sighed.

I laughed at their antics, assuring Denki I wouldn't say a word.

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

Denki ended up suggesting we go up to the roof, and Hitoshi was quick to agree. I followed them up the flights of stairs and onto the roof.

We stood, hands by our sides, necks arched to look up at the sky. Eventually my legs got tired and my neck started to hurt so I laid down on the cement of the roof, folding my hands behind my head and crossing my ankles. Hitoshi and Denki followed suit, laying beside me.

So now we laid on our backs, limbs sprawled out around us as we pointed at made up constellations and said we saw our future in them. Hitoshi laid to my left and Denki on my right.

"That one looks like a middle finger." Denki stated, pointing into the sky.

"Where?" I asked. He scooted closer so he could further point out the shape.

"There." He said, drawing out the word as he dragged his finger across the sky.

"Oh I see it! Those are one hundred percent in my future." I said, making both of the men laugh.