𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝: 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢'𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕?

TRIGGER WARNING: TALK OF INGESTING DRUGS WITHOUT CONSENT, SMOKING

I haven't woken up this late since high school, was my first thought when waking up this morning.

It was about two in the afternoon when I woke up, feeling tired and pampered at the later time.

I got home around five in the morning, Keigo kissing me goodbye and telling me that he wouldn't give up on me, and to relay that message to his "competition." Whether I should be concerned for him or not was not on my mind at the time. What was on my mind however, was sleep.

So much so that I didn't even change.

Usually I wake up somewhere around seven in the morning so that I can get to work by nine, and it almost always works out.

Yet here I was, two in the afternoon on a weekend, just waking up after a date no less.

Holy fuck, I have wings.

My eyes widened in realization as I remembered last night's events, the kisses, the pain, the feel of my feathers, the scarlet red that would (hopefully) one day plaster me across the sky.

I could fly right now if I wanted.

Just jump through my window and soar.

Granted, my wings probably aren't strong enough yet and I would most likely end up in a splatter on the sidewalk, but in theory I could.

As I stood, watching my coffee brew, I came to the conclusion that I wanted to see them again, just to make sure they're real.

Ok, I measured his wingspan as around seven meters (twenty feet) and I have no clue if they'll extend fully whenever I activate them.

Then again, they didn't when I first got them.

Screw it, I'm opening my wings in the house.

Is that bad luck? Like opening an umbrella indoors?

I walked over to the center of my living room, stepping up onto the small table in the center.

"Ok," I whispered to myself, "you can do this."

Submerging into my headspace, I opened my quirks file and selected Fierce Wings. I pressed activate and blinked quickly, coming back to reality. Turning my head, my eyes widened and pixels surrounded my back. They shaped into wings and started falling away, revealing blood red feathers.

"What the fuck was that," I said more than asked, the show over as soon as it started.

The wings on my back twitched as if itching to be moved.

Keigo can control each individual feather can't he? We were so focused on flying, I didn't even think about it.

My head snapped up when my phone rang, shortly followed by the beeping of my coffee machine.

I hopped off the table, walking over and feeling fifty pounds heavier (which I technically was).

Jiro? I thought upon flipping my phone over. Why is she calling me?

"Hello?" I asked, the phone already to my ear.

"Hey (Y/N), I kind of have a huge favor to ask you."

"If it were anyone else I would say that's an awful thing to say when you first get on a call with someone, but I love you and I'm intrigued, so go on."

Jiro gave a short laugh and nervously started talking again.

"So you know hero galas?"

"The things that literally serve no other purpose other than an opportunity for heroes to show off their wealth?"