𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙾𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗: 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚎𝚛

If you told me two years ago that I would be doing face masks on a Friday night with the Red Riot I would have laughed.

Really, I would have. 

It was absurd, me, the head detective and the Red Riot?

I mean get me wrong, I worked with pro heroes. The fact he was a pro hero didn't phase me.

I worked with pros a lot due to my job, often times they found victims while out on patrols and I had to do cognitive interviews with them to get them to remember the scene, that or maybe they had a few theories of their own.

So yes, there's a chance I would have met Red Riot sooner or later on a case, but doing face masks with him? Being friends with him outside of a workplace setting?

It was a laughable idea at the time.

But here, now, standing in the self-care isle of a grocery store, it dawned on me that I was thinking about what beauty products Red Riot would use.

I had several products in my hands already, bottles and boxes, just not quite sure what to get. The last time I did a face mask was right after high school with Chiharu. Besides, the man's face was already glowing, what more skin care did he require?

"Should I get food?" I muttered under my breath, finally realizing that I had way too many products in my hands. "Do I even have food at home?"

The smell of natural products meant to firm your face filled the air as I decided to put back a tube of charcoal something, making me think of high school when my biggest worry was a breakout.

And now my biggest worry is a serial killer who may or may not be the Hero Killer: Stain who, by the way, might have faked his death.

Wholesome.

I left the store quickly after grabbing a bag of chips and whatever else looked good. Whether that includes a jumbo bag of gummy worms or not is a topic we won't discuss.

It was Friday afternoon and Eijiro would be coming after his shift. That meant I have only a few hours to get ready.

How do you even prepare for this?

I'm doing face masks with a guy I barely even know, what do I do? How do I act?

I shook my head, deciding to not stress about it quite yet.

Why am I even freaking out about this? It's just two friends hanging out and doing self care. I shouldn't be so anxious over this.

"Detective!"

I turned swiftly at the call of my title, scanning the crowd behind me. While I looked over people's heads for a wave or anything to help identify the voice, someone tapped my arm.

Looking down, Ochaco stared back at me, smiling sweetly.

"Oh hey Ochaco. You know you could have called my name right? You didn't have to call me detective," I told her, smiling. "We're friends, not work buddies."

"I know, but I figured you'd respond quicker if I called out 'detective' rather than your name," she explained, beginning to walk beside me in the direction of my building.

I opened my mouth to retaliate before remembering the time I didn't respond to Chiharu calling my name in public several times. Finally, she yelled "Detective!" and I came running.

"Accurate." I finally agreed, making Ochaco giggle. "So how are you?"

"I'm pretty alright, what about you?" She responded, adjusting the sleeve of the dress she wore. It was a pastel pink and made of a light fabric that flew behind her due to the rush of people and slight breeze.

She looked pretty; as per usual.

"I'm doing pretty good. It's good to see you, we haven't talked in a while." I mentioned, smiling down at her. I noticed she was holding a book, her phone pressed against it as she gripped both in one hand. The cover displayed that it was a romance novel, starring two women.

"I know, I miss you! We need to hang out more!" She smiled back before glancing down to my hands. "Grocery day huh?"

"Oh yeah, kinda. Eijiro is coming over later to hang out so I figured I'd pick some stuff up."

"Oh cool! You're gonna have fun, Eijiro is really good at having a good time. It's almost scary actually. Once in the dorms we had planned this party and everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. But I swear— Eijiro? Fixed the whole thing and everyone had a great time. If you asked me how he did it I couldn't tell you, but he did it," she explained, chuckling at the memory. Her eyes sparkled as she thought about it, obviously fond of the memory.

"I'm pretty excited, I haven't really hung out with Eijiro a ton outside of you-know-what. I mean I did crash his party the first time we met, so I think we should at least know each other a bit more than we do now."

"Oh it's fine, Bakugo invited you. And trust me, anyone Bakugo likes, Eijiro likes."

"I hope so, he seems like a great guy."

"He is, you'll love him. He's like a constant ray of sunshine, he'll make you feel happy no matter what."

"That sounds great," I laughed, "I could use that right now."

"I think we all could."

(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)/(/)

Eijiro Kirishima was a god when it came to good days. An absolute god. No matter how awful, how horrid a day of his was, he always found something positive about it.

For years he did this, ever since he was a teenager. people started coming to him when they needed a pick me up, because he was the good day guy.

He always found something good among a wreckage, every single time without fail. Whether it was sitting there at the top, plain and simple, a great day, or he had to search for the good didn't matter. Because he always found it.

Today though, this particular Friday was one of the days when he really had to go digging.

His day was awful, not a single thing went right.

But then, as he got off of work, he realized today was Friday. Today he was doing over (L/N) (Y/N)'s home to do face masks with her.

He liked the detective, he really did. She was a great person— funny, reliable, had good morals, a good work ethic. She seemed like a great friend.

That was his good. There it was, that gold treasure he had been waiting for all day.

He would get to sit back, relax, talk and hang out with a friend, how much better could it get?

But for some reason, Eijiro didn't feel as happy about it as he thought he should be. He was almost... dreading it.

He was tired, he felt like opening his mouth was too much effort. He was just exhausted and it only added to the horrible day.

But, like the brave and happy guy he is, he shook himself off, put on a smile, (fixed his hair) and knocked on her apartment door.

Shouldn't I feel happier about this?

kirishima angst kirishima angst kirishima angst

Fun Fact: Ochaco prefers WLW romance content over WLM content.

Reminder: You are who you are and you can't change it. You can't, I know sometimes you want to, but you can't. So embrace it. Embrace who you are so that you can be proud of who you are. I love you all💞💞

Over and out.