Chapter 21

Song for the chapter: Ololufe by Wande Coal.

"For richer for poorer
Will you be my girl?"

Munachi

"Munachi!" Chisom yelled and I scratched my neck in embarrassment.

"I can't count the number of times that you've zoned out in the last ten minutes." She hissed loudly. "Look, if you're not going to help just say so."

I had rushed to her house as soon as she informed me that she was back from her vacation with her husband and as expected, she brought a lot of things. We were currently sitting in her room sorting out the things that she was going to give to Ifeoma and mummy but I can't seem to concentrate.

"Look you've zoned out again." She clapped her hands in front of my face.

"I'm sorry it just this thing that I've been thinking about."

She dropped the dress that she was holding, a look of concern etched on her face. "Are you okay?"

"Yes I am. Let's just go back to arranging the clothes." I walked to the clothes that she had arranged on one part. "I guess these are Ifeoma's." I dropped them neatly in a bag.

"Munachi talk to me." Chisom folded her arms across her chest. "Is it mummy?"

I rolled my eyes in frustration. "That would have been better."

"Ah! What could be worse than mummy's Wahala?" She places her finger on her chin. "Who is it? I know it can't be Chike."

"How did you know?" I asked.

"Look, I know you like the back on my palm so if you lie to me now, I'll still find out."

"It's Shalewa's brother." I said, playing with my fingers and she shrugged her shoulders.

"And?"

"We kissed." I replied and she covered her mouth.

"Munachi!" She screamed and I closed my ears. "So what you are saying now is that you kissed someone's soon to be husband."

I threw my head back in laughter and she stared at me. "What? First of all what do you even think of me?" I laughed. "Shalewa has two brothers and no did not kiss the 'soon to be husband'." I air quoted.

She sighed dramatically. "Thank God. So how come I haven't met this other brother."

"He used to live in the USA but he's back now..for good."

"Do you like him?"

"That's the thing Chisom." I groaned as I plopped down on the bed. "I don't know what I feel."

"Then just live in the moment and see how things go."

"I can't." I shook my head in disapproval.

"I can't." She mimicked me. "And why's that?" She placed her hands on her waist. "Do you want to be single forever?"

"It's better to be single than to lead someone on when the foundation of the relationship is false."

"Is there something you're not telling me?"

"It's a long story and-"

"And I have enough time to hear all of it so start talking." She sat down on the bed and I narrated everything to her.

"So that's how I got myself into this situation." I sighed. "Now tell me what you think I should do."

"First of all you did the most stupid thing." She stated and I pouted. "But you can fix it. Tell shalewa to confess to her brother and if she doesn't, tell him the truth."