Chapter 4

Song for the chapter: One Milli by Davido.

"Them say we no go last,
Them say na we do pass,
Them dey jealous for our love oh,
It's more than I can explain."
^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Munachi

You're lucky You made it here on time. The clients just got here." Tolani said, as she walked by my side hurriedly.    

"Thanks Tolani. I hope they have not noticed my absence yet? I can't afford to look like a clown in front of important personalities."

"I don't think so. Let's just go inside and You can try to blend in with the rest." She replied and we entered the huge conference room together.

Just as she had said earlier, the clients were here but they were just settling down so I acted like I had been around all along. I walked to my designated seat and I arranged my files quietly. When I was sure that I was ready for the presentation, I sashayed to the front of the room with my best smile and I cleared my throat to get the attention of everyone.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen." I smiled, avoiding Jennifer's scrutinizing stare. Nothing was going to spoil this presentation for me.

A series of good mornings and hello ma'am filled the room and I smiled contentedly.

"It is with utmost pleasure that I welcome the staff from the Central Bank Of Nigeria." I walked to the blank board and I pressed a button on the remote that I was holding and a description of the presentation was shown clearly. "This is a brief description of what we are going to be talking about today." I smiled. "So without further ado let's get into this meeting."

-*-*-**********                       

**********-*-*

"Oh my God Chichi you were on some hot fire!" Tolani praised and I laughed. "Who knew that You had it in You? Did you see the look on Jennifer's face when everyone got up to clap after your presentation?" She clapped her hands dramatically and I chuckled.

"I did not even look in her direction at all. I just set my mind on the presentation." I walked out of the conference room with Tolani who was secretly eating pure bliss wafers.

"You know that the manager might even send you to that Business conference next month, Because this your presentation was crazy!"

"Please Tola stop already.You know that was my first presentation. I just had to put in my very best." I chuckled.

"Okay I'll see you later my love. Let me go to my post before Jennifer will open her mouth to say rubbish again."

"Please be going before your mouth puts you in serious trouble." I laughed as she ran out of my office.

Tolani always had a way of hyping someone up. I met her last year when I went for an interview in a company. That was when I was still job hunting and I was drawn to her crazy and funny attitude.