Chapter 19

Song for the chapter: Imagine that by Styl Plus.

"Everybody move your body now,
Forget about the blue days!"

Munachi

"Are you serious?!"

It's around five o'clock at Mama Tobi's Abula spot and my loud friend, Shalewa thought it was wise to shout despite coming here countless times and knowing fully well how busy this place always is. I looked around the room and as expected almost all eyes were on our table. I mouthed a sorry to them and turned back to Shalewa who looked like she had just seen a ghost.

"But what if Mide finds out that it was all a lie?" She asked and I ignore her as I order a plate of Amala and ewedu for myself.

The waiter I called to my table muttered something under her breath and I shook my head pitifully. If as an interviewer you were looking for where to get the worst customer service but the best food, then this is the best place to come to.

"You didn't order anything for me."

I rolled my eyes. "Shalewa, If I had waited for you to finally stop asking questions and fidgeting, I would have finished three wraps of Amala and even ordered for more."

I accepted my food from the waiter and started eating as Shalewa placed her own order.

"Do you know that you're the biggest exaggerator?" She said, grabbing a toothpick from the center of the table. "Munachi you can't even finish two wraps of Amala."

I chuckled. "Okay watch me." I cut out a big morsel with my spoon and put it in my mouth but as soon as it got into my mouth, I regretted it after feeling choked up.

"Are You okay? Don't kill yourself oh." Shalewa laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"You're trying me." Once I feel better again, I continue eating and watched as shalewa scolded the waiter that brought her food. Apparently she had asked for beef and the lady brought cow skin and instead of her to apologize, she walked away with a frown on her face.

"I'm going to report her to Mama Tobi." She looked down at her food and lightly pushed it away from her.

"Just leave her. I'm sure another customer will report her."

She pulled her food back closer and I smile. "You're right."

I smirked. "When am I never right?"

"What are you going to do? Are you really going out with him on Friday?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm already involved in this mess so I might as well go on with it till you decide to do the right thing."

"But Munachi-"

"Tell him the truth Shalewa. He's your brother. Don't you feel weird knowing that this whole thing is a lie."

"I do but-"

Before she could complete her statement, her phone vibrated.

"It's Mide. Do you think I should answer it?" She asked nervously.

"Is that even supposed to be a question? Of course!"

She answered the call and after talking for a while a small frown appeared on her face. She dropped her phone slowly and I stretched my hands across to hold hers.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah it's just this thing that I've put myself into." She sighed.

"Just tell him the truth. I know you didn't mean to do anything that you did and I'm sure he'll understand."