Chapter 23

Song for the chapter: Oleku by Ice prince ft Brymo.
"She feeling the boy
She feeling, She feeling the boy."

(PS if you've heard the Budweiser smooth kings remix by Ckay and Joeboy then here's a kiss for you😘)

Mide

Mide was out having drinks with his guys, Mayowa, Tomisin and Emeka. He had been so busy with work, arranging his place and worrying about Muna. Emeka had to drag him out of the house even though He literally threatened Him.

"So how's that your babe na." Tomisin chuckled as He turned to Emeka.

"Abeg oh I don't have any babe." Emeka frowned.

"What have you been doing with Chinasa?" I folded my arms across my chest mockingly.

"We are just friends."

"Woahhhh!" We all screamed in laughter.

"We're just friends!" Tomisin shouted and we all sang along to the famous tiktok song.

"So Mide you have mouth to talk. At least bro I know what I am doing with Chinasa." He pointed His fingers at me and I rolled my eyes as I sipped on my wine.

"Let the boy be! Mide thinks he's in a fairytale."

"Even beauty and beast no do pass this one." Mayowa chuckled and I threw my head back in laughter.

"Nice one bro." We all clapped his back and he rolled his eyes.

But for real though. What's up with the girl?"

"We agreed to meet up for lunch later this week. So I'm hoping she gets to explain why she's bent on avoiding me."

"Something doesn't add up here." Mayowa shook his head.

"How did you meet this girl again." Tomisin asked.

I picked up my glass and before I could answer Emeka beat me to it. "He met her at the party, found out she was his sister's friend and then they went on how many dates?" He turned to me.

"Two dates.."

"Before His world came crumbling down." Emeka laughed and I punched his hand.

"So this is related to your sister. Why don't you just text her and ask her why her friend is acting up?"

"She says her friend is scared of commitment." Emeka chuckled.

"Crap! Crap! And even more crap! Bro do you in any way believe that because I don't." Tomisin wagged his fingers at me.

"Obviously not! You see our first two dates went well but it seemed like she was trying so hard to not do to much. Like reminding herself that it was something temporary."

"Okay.."

"Like this girl is a confirmed Igbo goddess. You know how they say igbo women are wickedly beautiful! That's just how she is. She looks like someone that would not stay in a relationship if she's not feeling like it."

"My man!" Emeka patted my shoulders. "Let me help you out your thoughts into words. You see,where I come from the kind of girl you're talking about does not brood too much over a guy."

"Exactly!"

"Did y'all ever talk about exes?" Mayowa placed his hands under his chin showing all signs that he was enjoying the conversation while Tomisin looked like he was trying to piece things together.

"Bro! Why do you even think he would do that?" Emeka buried his head in his hands.

"Because that only explains how I could have figured her out that fast?"

"You did?!" Emeka asked with his eyes open wide. "Big L my boy but I volunteer to teach you how to act from now on because I can't have you fooling yourself."

"Nice one Emeka now can we get to the bottom of this mess. It's making us-"

"You mean it's making You. Mide it's making you worried." Emeka scoffed. "Look I have a plan and I don't care what you guys think but that's what we are going to do. We can't have these Lagos girls tossing our guy around like he's some kind of loser."

"I guess your plan involves you ordering another plate of fried chicken because man I am starving!" Mayowa laughed with his tongue hangin out.

I glared at him. "Food is not going to kill you."

"Amen!" He laughed and beckoned on the waiter to place his order.

"So what I think you should do is take her out on a date and ask her point blank what's she on about."

"That's your plan?" Tomisin and I asked simultaneously.

"I said something..at least I said something."

Mayowa clicked his gum and sighed. "I think your sister has something to do with this."

"Exactly! Like for starters, she introduced this babe to you, she said she knows this babe and that they are best friends, you played your part and now this."

"If that's true that Shalewa has gone crazy for real." Emeka laughed and shook hands with Mayowa. "Mideeven you have to agree that this is twisted."

"Let's see how the date goes." I said. "And if Shalewa has been playing me all along then.."

"Then what?! Please eat chicken and forget these Lagos girls. Are you going to beat your sister or cut her off because of one girl? Bro you better find out what she's up to and beat her at her own game. I'm sure this is one of those siblings prank." Tomisin laughed.

"Okay guys I'm ordering drinks! Enough of this Muna girl's gist." Emeka typed away on his phone.

"You better not call any one of those your girls." I rolled my eyes and a smirk appeared on his face.

_______________________________