Chapter 18

Song for the chapter: Finders Keepers by Chiké.

"Is it love you're looking for?
Is it peace you're looking for?
You go find am oh
Don't worry any more,
You go get am even more."

Mide

"So you're trying to tell me now that your mystery girl is a friend of shalewa?" Mayowa asked, suppressing a chuckle.

"Yes." I replied.

"And You sent gifts to the girl through your sister and after the date, you tried calling her but she didn't pick up. Why does this sound strange to me?" Tomisin asked.

"Honestly," Mayowa snorted. "I think you've been played bro but let's see how it goes." He shrugged his shoulders.

Emeka walked in with plate of steaming hot catfish pepper-soup. "Leave the poor guy to talk about his experience in peace." He laughed. "We've all been played so no one should act like the smarter guy"

"But Mayowa has a point though. When I heard that she wanted some gifts I started feeling suspicious but on another note, I don't think my sister would want to deceive me a mere five hundred thousand naira worth of gifts."

Tomisin nodded his head approvingly. "You have a point there."

"I understand what you're trying to say Mide but-"

"But if your suspicions are correct Mayowa then Shalewa is going to get the silent treatment from me for a long time." I joked and they all laughed. "I'll see you guys when I'm back and I'll make sure to regularly drop updates about the meeting on the group-chat. This is huge one for me."

I walked out of the house after they bade me their goodbyes and I got into my sleek black Benz. I smiled to myself and proceeded to drive out of the compound.

When I got the restaurant that I was supposed to be meeting one of my clients, I parked my car carefully and got down.

I walked as gracefully as I could to the entrance on the restaurant and a huge looking guy with the security badge, opened the door. I spotted an empty chair when I entered the restaurant but before I could walk to it, a young lady bumped into me.

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry." She apologized profusely and all I could do was stare at her.

"Munachi?" I asked unsurely and she raised her eyes up to meet mine.

She cleared her throat and moved backwards. "Mide? Hi."

"Did I do anything wrong? I mean I tried reaching out to you after our date but you weren't picking any of my calls, or answering my texts." I folded my arms across my chest.

She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ears. "Mide can we talk later. I have a business meeting to attend to right now."

Just then, Uncle Tunde walked into the restaurant. He was a sisxtyish man with a British accent, he was fat and had a bald head. My father calls him Tunz, his workers call him Mr Tunde but I call him Uncle Tunde. He walked up to us and rubbed his chin as that was his habit and I rolled my eyes.

He winked at me and cleared his throat. "Mide my boy!"

I bowed my head in respect. "Good afternoon Uncle Tunde. How is aunty and my siblings doing?"

"She is fine. We are all fine." He winked again and rubbed his chin. "I can see that Munachi is keeping you company."

"Good afternoon sir. I was just looking for our table when I bumped into Him."