Chapter 17

Song for the chapter: Jowo by Davido

"One time,
Three gbosa!
For the two person wey born you."

Munachimso

I wiped my face one more time with my face towel before walking into the house. I had just worked out at the gym close to my house for roughly over two hours and I was beyond exhausted.

When I entered the house, I saw my mum and dad all cozied up on the couch seeing a movie on the television. They had a bowl of potato chips and a bottle of wine on the table. I stared at both of them for a while with a smile on my face.

Although the relationship between my mother and I was a bit rocky at the moment, we were trying to fix things up..or rather, I was trying to fix things up because all she had done since I got back home yesterday was act like nothing happened and that I wasn't mad at her.

"Well don't you both look so in love." I said to break the reverend silence in the room.

"You can say that again." My father laughed as he glanced at my mother who was giving him weird signals with her eyes.

I started walking towards the stairs and that was when I heard my mother's voice. I tiptoed back to the corner of the living room to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Peter I don't know why you want me to apologize to her. You know I'm only doing what's right for our family. You know."

"Just do it for my sake..please?"

"Okay I'll try but if things don't go as you want, don't put the blame on me."

I shook my head disappointedly as I walked upstairs to my room. Here I was thinking of how I was going to fix my relationship with her and she was over there talking to my father about how she did nothing wrong.

I walked into my room and went straight to the bathroom to take a cold bath and when I was done and fully dressed in a loose shirt, I plopped down on my bed and let the arms of sleep welcome me.

I had been asleep for so long that when I finally woke I felt like I was in some sort of simulation. My eyes opened slowly to see my mother sitting on the sofa close to my window .

We stared at each-other in silence for a while before I cleared my throat to clear the tension in the air.

"Don't give me that look where you make it look like I'm the bad guy." She said.

"Do I look like I am? Sorry I was just looking." I retorted sarcastically.

"Munachi look, I know we haven't been in the best of situations lately but I just want you to know that I'll never do anything to jeopardize our relationship."

"Oh really?" I forced a smile as I sat down on the bed properly. "Well let me explain our situation again. You are fully aware that I don't want to rush into anything, but you keep pushing me to do things that I don't even want to do." I shrugged my shoulders. "Isn't that enough to jeopardize our relationship?"