Chapter 30

Song for the chapter: Still got time by Zayn ft. Partynextdoor.

"Stop looking for love,
You're young, you still got time."

Munachi.

"Come with me to London."

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get those words out of my head. Mide wanted me, Munachi to runaway with me. As cool as that sounded it just didn't seem like the right thing to do.

If I decided to act on my emotions, I was going to ruin a lot of things for a lot of people. Mide's family would obviously hate me if they heard I ran away with their son, my mom would most likely disown me if I pulled it off and my sister, how am I going to leave her just like that when she is expecting a child?

"Earth to Muna!" Ijeoma waved her hands in my face and I heaved a deep sigh. "You look pale, are you okay?"

"Ijeomaaaa.." I drawled her name as I smacked my face continuously. "It's this thing with Mide."

"And what about that?" She pulled off her dress and jumped on the bed besides me. We were spending the night at Chisom's place because she had overworked us earlier with cleaning and a very tired Ijeoma refused to drive us in such a condition.

"You are way too relaxed. I told you that he suggested we run away together and all you can do is munch on your potato chips."

"First of all don't disrespect my chips like that." She pushed her bag of chips aside. "Well do you want to go with him?"

I stared at her in utter silence. The weird thing was that a part of me wanted to and another part did not.

"Exactly what I thought. You're undecided." She chuckled. "Well I just want you to remember that this is reality! And we are in Nigeria. If you can't face your problems now are you just going to run away from it?"

"No."

"Then don't! Stay right here with your scaredy cat boyfriend and fix your issues."

She grabbed the remote and increased the volume of the television. A text popped up immediately on my phone.

"My mother wants me to come home tomorrow."

"Then I'll drop you there before I go back to my house."

With a tired sigh, I plugged my phone and closed my eyes trying to get the warring thoughts out of my head.

—————————————————————————

"If you are going to make mum accept Mide maybe the least you can do right now is smile. You look like you're going to fight her once she comes downstairs." Chisom stated the obvious with an eye roll.

The air conditioner freshened my skin and soothed me slightly but as I watched my mother walk down the stairs with Mrs Obiageli Nwosu, Chike's mom in tow, the air suddenly felt overly chilly and I rubbed my arms nervously.

"Ah. Wonderful. We were just talking about you Chisom and I had already made a mental note to call you later." Mrs Nwosu walked over to Chisom and enveloped her in a hug. "Congratulations my darling. Have you thought of where you're going to have the baby?"

"Yes Ma." Chisom smiled nervously. "My husband and I have decided on Canada. I think I will be more comfortable.."

Mrs Nwosu hushed her by placing her index finger on her lips. "Canada isn't going to do it my dear. This is your first child! You should be talking about countries like Jordan or even Germany."

I coughed trying to divert her attention to me. "Oh Munachi you should know these things since you have travelled to Jordan before. What do you think?"

"I think Chisom should decide on where she wants to have her baby and if she wants it to be in Canada then so be it."