Chapter 1

Song for the chapter: Love Don't Care by Simi.

"Love don't care,
Who you be,
Where you come from,
Love don't care."
————————————————
Munachi

"Munachi!"

"Obi'm oh!"

My mother screamed and I got up from the bed grudgingly. I'm sure the next house and even the people down the street were already familiar with my name.

The door suddenly opened and I pretended as if I was sleeping. I was just on my phone chatting with Chisom, my elder sister. She was having problems with her stubborn mother-in-law again and I couldn't help but feel pity for her.

Chisom got married to her university school sweetheart, Ebuka. He was the kind of man that parents would advise their sons to emulate. Ebuka was the perfect son-in-law to my parents, He was husband material hundred yards and he was very kind, generous and let's not forget really handsome too.

But you see, he had a problem, since no one was perfect after all. He was a typical mama's boy. It was his mother before anyone. I guess Chisom never took it serious when they were still dating. She thought his mother would like her with time so she went ahead and she got married to him. His mother goes to visit almost every week and when she's at it, she disturbs their alone time and argues with Chisom over everything. Chisom had complained to my mother once but she had said that no marriage was perfect and that with time, her mother-in-law would change for the better.

I'm sure you're wondering how Ebuka reacts to the whole thing. He never failed to apologize to his wife when they were alone but when his mother was insulting or going against his wife, he always kept mute or took his mother's side.

I was still deep in thoughts when I felt a spank on my butt.

"Chichi!" My mother shouted and I groaned.

"Munie if you like form sleep, If you like don't wake up. All I know is that you must wash that beans for me today or you'll not eat in this house." She hissed and she dragged the duvet away from my body.

"Mummy na Biko! It rained yesterday oh and I'm feeling sick." I lied. "And besides why can Ify not do it?" I asked, squinting my eyes at her.

"If I give you one hot slap you'll get up. Is Ify going to follow you to Your husband's house? I sent her on an errand so get up now!" She ordered and I started wailing.

"But mummy I feel sick." I pouted.

"Ehn did I argue with you?" She asked throwing her hands frantically in the air. "I did not argue with you oh! All I'm saying is that you must wash that beans." She walked out of the room and I took that as my final warning.

"Oh God this house sef! After working and working throughout this week somebody will not even rest on Saturday." I complained, groaning as I walked into the bathroom to do my business.

I grabbed my toothbrush and toothpaste from the cup on the sink before I realized that the toothpaste had finished yesterday. I contemplated on going to my mother's room to ask for a new one but I thought against it. My mother would tell me to manage this one and cut it with a scissors.

Smiling to myself, I went to my drawer to get a pair of scissors to cut the toothpaste, the events of the previous day flooding my mind.

Just yesterday, at the bank where I worked as an accountant. A client had poured hot tea on Jennifer, the most annoying worker there. According to the client, Jennifer was flirting with her boyfriend right in front of her with no shame so the best thing she could do to teach Jennifer a lesson was to pour the tea on her.